Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK UK CAA regulations regarding using a drone on a commercial site

Reaction score
Hello All
Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on the UK regulations on flying a drone within the site boundaries of a commercial site to give assistance to the onsite fire crew.

Basically I have been asked if its possible to use a drone (DJI drone with XT thermal camera) on a site to aid the onsite fire team if there is a fire on the premises , just wondering if you have to be licensed pilot to fly or can a fire team member just fly it ???

The drone will only be used within the site boundaries , no where else.

Thanks in advance

Pwack

It doesn't fall in a NFZ

Its a private site , the company that operates on it also owns the land.

Unless you're getting paid for it, at which point you'll need a PfCO -This is the bit i wasn't sure of - the security guards will be the ones controlling the drone , only flying within the site boundary for security/Fire support . As they are being paid by the company who wants them to use the drone does that constitute them needing a PfCO.??????

It doesn't fall in a NFZ

Its a private site , the company that operates on it also owns the land.

Unless you're getting paid for it, at which point you'll need a PfCO -This is the bit i wasn't sure of - the security guards will be the ones controlling the drone , only flying within the site boundary for security/Fire support . As they are being paid by the company who wants them to use the drone does that constitute them needing a PfCO.??????
Yes - it is being used for commercial purposes.
A PfCO will be required.

Moved to correct section.

I whould like to take my PfCO, and have been looking for matrials so that i cam learn as much as I can before I take the test.
can anyone point me in the right direction.
Papatone UK

Yes sorry about that post, not very clear.
I want to get my drone pilots license, but need some advice about how to go about it, NQE training,books on the subject etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth