Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK CSCS card - which one to choose?

Reaction score
I have held an ‘Assistant Land Surveyor’ CSCS card for a few years but like many of the CRO cards this category has been deleted!

Whilst I have an honours degree in software engineering and CAA PfCO, the CITB don’t recognise either of these qualifications so I can’t go for any of the skill related cards without taking additional (and irrelevant) qualifications.

What are you guys doing to gain access to UK construction sites?

I know have CSCS and safety passport citb and now emss but also national grid person and besc and Scottish power wli it never ends mate

I know have CSCS and safety passport citb and now emss but also national grid person and besc and Scottish power wli it never ends mate

Which CSCS card do you have?

I originally had ‘Assistant Land Surveyor’ but this is one of the construction related occupations that they have removed.

I only have an operators card was the easiest one to get st the time 20 mins on a comp crazy really

I only have an operators card was the easiest one to get st the time 20 mins on a comp crazy really

The Construction Site Operative card is no longer valid. Just like the Assistant Land Surveyor card I held, it’s been discontinued.

The nearest equivalent is the Green Labourer Card but my understanding is that, as we are not labourers, we would be in breach of the regulations and therefore the card would be of no assistance in getting onto a construction site. They would also cancel the card if used outside of its remit.

At the moment I am been told that I either need to take a NCQ level 3 surveyors exam (irrelevant and not going to happen) or apply for a CSCS visitors card.

You will get different sites want different things mate it’s a minefield nuclear citb most construction citb cscs sir Robert mcalpine there own health cert which u have to pay for Nissan you must have emss it’s a joke

Reactions: MrTVR
I thought they had now been replaced by something else? Technically speaking you don’t need one to fly a drone over a site but helps if you need to go on one say to meet someone there like a site manager, as they often have own H&S and site induction procedures.

I have held an ‘Assistant Land Surveyor’ CSCS card for a few years but like many of the CRO cards this category has been deleted!

Whilst I have an honours degree in software engineering and CAA PfCO, the CITB don’t recognise either of these qualifications so I can’t go for any of the skill related cards without taking additional (and irrelevant) qualifications.

What are you guys doing to gain access to UK construction sites?
In this case, you may want to consider obtaining additional qualifications that are recognized by CSCS, such as NVQs or other construction-related courses. Alternatively, you can explore non-construction-related roles within the construction industry that may be more suited to your qualifications, such as project management, surveying or digital construction.
It may also be helpful to speak to your employer or a career advisor to explore your options and find a path forward that aligns with your qualifications and career goals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare