Unbricking an Inspire 1...

Reaction score
Doods;

After fielding dozens of questions regarding firmware rollbacks and subsequent bricking of some Inspires, I decided to brick my Inspire and bring it back to life. I have made a video.

Here's the original "Rolling back Inspire 1 firmware" video:

Lemme know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Donnie Frank

Well done Donnie, This was the procedure I used to roll back the firmware on my Inspire 1.
Your instructions should be really easy for forum users to follow..
Good Job!

Well done Donnie, This was the procedure I used to roll back the firmware on my Inspire 1.
Your instructions should be really easy for forum users to follow..
Good Job!

Thank you, sir. I appreciate that.

Just wanted to say thank you for this. I know this if from some time back, but just know even all this time later, you're a HERO! You saved me from owning a very expensive statue!

Just wanted to say thank you for this. I know this if from some time back, but just know even all this time later, you're a HERO! You saved me from owning a very expensive statue!
Very nice of you to say. I appreciate it.

D

Amazed you got this to work - i got one working years ago by just installing a new main board

Here's a late very heartfelt THANK YOU for the secret key. It saved me in 2024 and still works! Thanks for your help!!!!!

Reactions: Donnie Frank
So I am having trouble, 1: I cant find the firmware you used. 2: I have updated to a really earlier FW but that didn't take either. Yes I have that debug black word document in there and the entire inspire 1 goes through the whole procedure as you stated in your video. I got this drone on a trade and the person who I got it from I think was trying to update the FW and did it wrong which bricked it. On the data log under 08 and 15 it shows as not connected.

I dont know what else to do please help...

Go here:

D

Did you change the name of the blank file to follow the pattern of the name based on the file that you do have?