Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unbricking an Inspire 1...

Reaction score
Doods;

After fielding dozens of questions regarding firmware rollbacks and subsequent bricking of some Inspires, I decided to brick my Inspire and bring it back to life. I have made a video.

Here's the original "Rolling back Inspire 1 firmware" video:

Lemme know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Donnie Frank

Well done Donnie, This was the procedure I used to roll back the firmware on my Inspire 1.
Your instructions should be really easy for forum users to follow..
Good Job!

Well done Donnie, This was the procedure I used to roll back the firmware on my Inspire 1.
Your instructions should be really easy for forum users to follow..
Good Job!

Thank you, sir. I appreciate that.

Doods;

After fielding dozens of questions regarding firmware rollbacks and subsequent bricking of some Inspires, I decided to brick my Inspire and bring it back to life. I have made a video.

Regards,

Donnie Frank
Just wanted to say thank you for this. I know this if from some time back, but just know even all this time later, you're a HERO! You saved me from owning a very expensive statue!

Just wanted to say thank you for this. I know this if from some time back, but just know even all this time later, you're a HERO! You saved me from owning a very expensive statue!
Very nice of you to say. I appreciate it.

D

Amazed you got this to work - i got one working years ago by just installing a new main board

Doods;

Regards,

Donnie Frank
Here's a late very heartfelt THANK YOU for the secret key. It saved me in 2024 and still works! Thanks for your help!!!!!

Reactions: Donnie Frank
So I am having trouble, 1: I cant find the firmware you used. 2: I have updated to a really earlier FW but that didn't take either. Yes I have that debug black word document in there and the entire inspire 1 goes through the whole procedure as you stated in your video. I got this drone on a trade and the person who I got it from I think was trying to update the FW and did it wrong which bricked it. On the data log under 08 and 15 it shows as not connected.

I dont know what else to do please help...

So I am having trouble, 1: I cant find the firmware you used. 2: I have updated to a really earlier FW but that didn't take either. Yes I have that debug black word document in there and the entire inspire 1 goes through the whole procedure as you stated in your video. I got this drone on a trade and the person who I got it from I think was trying to update the FW and did it wrong which bricked it. On the data log under 08 and 15 it shows as not connected.

I dont know what else to do please help...
Go here:

D

Did you change the name of the blank file to follow the pattern of the name based on the file that you do have?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan