Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unstable / Wavy

Reaction score
Just recently started noticing that when I first got my Inspire 1, it would stay super still in a hover... now I'm noticing that it has a very hard time staying perfectly still even in no wind at all.

Would this be something as simple as re-calibration?

Could be,could be weather issues also, depending on where you live it could be satellite linkup accuracy problems also. Firmware changes, app changes? When did you get your I 1? A lot of variables to take into consideration.

Could be,could be weather issues also, depending on where you live it could be satellite linkup accuracy problems also. Firmware changes, app changes? When did you get your I 1? A lot of variables to take into consideration.

Was purchased July of last year, the iOS App has been kept up to date but I've been incredibly nervous with the firmware with all the issues DJI has.

The temp outside will mess with the IMU to some extent depending on where you live. A lot of it this time of year will be based off of the earth being tilted on its axis. Mine always hovers more stable in the summer than it does during the winter months. The further you live north the worst it gets. This is all based off if you are 20 feet off the ground or more. If you are talking like 5 feet off the ground then that will fall under your vps and check in the app to see if the vps is turned off or on.

I live up in the NorthEast so that may be it and to be honest I may have turned off the VPS when I read somewhere that flying over water with the VPS could cause crashes.... Hmmmmmm

I think I'll do a full calibration and double check the VPS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam