Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Upgrade to Z3

BULL S**T I don't even have Litchi and I've been zooming for the life of my I 1!! Since May 2015
No you haven’t.
Pinch to zoom was only added in March 2016 under firmware version 1.7.0.90.
Furthermore the X3 itself does not zoom and never has. It is a digital zoom controlled by software/firmware which was introduced in the aforementioned date and version.

Reactions: slim.slamma
There are many things a staff member like the Editor can’t say without being unprofessional. One of them is saying “you’re a moron.” But a regular member can say that without crossing any lines.

So let’s see how you do it. [emoji1360] Show me how it’s done kind sir. [emoji482]

Reactions: slim.slamma
Semantics dear boy, the editor is, of course, correct in that the ‘zoom’ takes place in SW/FW and is a ‘pinch to zoom’ however I would contend that this function being in real time and displayed on the viewing device whilst flying enables the operator to achieve a result he/she could not have previously achieved without resort to an expensive optical zoom camera and so is ‘a zoom’. As for the moron part - really - the last resort of the uneducated is personal insult!

Reactions: Steve Reid
I'm think the same as the x5 is out of my range ATM, but there are so many conflicting you tube "reviews" on the Z3 its hard to decide what the image quality is like. I also keep thinking there is the pinch to zoom which while is very harsh transition in selection, does work, as a2 x zoom plus the ability to zoom in post with video; and of of course to a small amount with stills.
I just got z3 and yes the pinch zoom is a pain in the *** but there is supposed to be a way to hook up through the C2 switch on controller.

You can zoom in and out on the Z3 by holding the C2 button and scrolling the left wheel, I have a long press on C1 & C2 set up to operate the digital zoom in and out, although frustratingly the digital zoom moves in or out by steps of x.1 on each long press up to its max of x2 (not4k) - total zoom x7 or full frame equivalent of 154mm
I find the Z3 image quality to be between the X3 and X5 although I only use prime lenses with the X5.
I can't your how to hook zoom switch up to C2 switch on controller? Any helpful ideas?

I just got z3 and yes the pinch zoom is a pain in the *** but there is supposed to be a way to hook up through the C2 switch on controller.

Hold the C2 and use the left wheel to zoom in and out and I have my long press C1 as digital zoom in and long press C2 as digital zoom out - digital zoom not available in 4K
Pinch to zoom referred to digital zoom for the X3 although it works on the Z3 for optical & digital zoom.

Semantics dear boy, the editor is, of course, correct in that the ‘zoom’ takes place in SW/FW and is a ‘pinch to zoom’ however I would contend that this function being in real time and displayed on the viewing device whilst flying enables the operator to achieve a result he/she could not have previously achieved without resort to an expensive optical zoom camera and so is ‘a zoom’. As for the moron part - really - the last resort of the uneducated is personal insult!
Huge difference between optical zoom and digital zoom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris.thedude