Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Urgent Request: Hurricane Florence Disaster Response Pilots

Florida Drone Supply

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.floridadronesupply.com
Disaster Response Pilots Needed in SC, NC and VA
**Standby Pay Available as Early as Today for Some Local Pilots**

As we watch the weather and see Hurricane Florence develop, we keep all of those potentially affected in our thoughts and prayers. We hope you and your families are safe and taking all the precautions you can. As Floridians we understand hurricanes, the damage they create and the lives they disrupt.

If there are any drone operators that are interested in assisting with search and rescue, power line failure / restoration or anything else related to public safety or benefitting the repair of storm damage, let us know. We have initiated a list of pilots both in the area of concern as well as those who are willing to travel for the recovery efforts.

To get on the list or to get more details about the timing, equipment requirements or the pay, register on our site and we will call you to talk specifics: Pilot Network Registration

You can also email us directly at [email protected] (Sky Source Aerial is the service division of Florida Drone Supply).

Pilot compensation:

Daily Rate: $500.00
Daily rate paid for each day you are deployed.

Per Diem: $100.00

A daily rate for incidentals, meals, etc. No receipts are required.

Mobilization Fee: $350.00

This is a 1 time fee to cover any costs to get you to the site and ready to fly.

Standby Rate: $400.00
Many times our clients will pay pilots to be "on-call" and ready to deploy. When standing by you need to be able to arrive ready to fly with an 8 hour notice.

Fuel: Varies
Depending upon the contract, the pilot may or may not receive a daily fuel credit - and some clients provide fuel trucks for us to fill up from at no charge.

In order to add you to our list, we need your primary aircraft equipment (prefer P4P or better - minimum of 20mp sensor is a must), and a copy of your FAA Part 107 certificate number.

Due to the high call volume, please primarily utilize email; please email us directly at [email protected] (Sky Source Aerial is the service division of Florida Drone Supply).

We are assessing and building our inventory of equipment related to the effort. From weatherproof M200s and M210s (and their weather sealed batteries), Inspires, Phantoms, Mavic 2s, all other batteries, CrystalSky monitors (and extra batteries) - both new and our dealer demos of all those items. We will standby with everything we have to make it available and ready to be put to work.

Wishing everyone the best…

Reactions: The Editor
Note: If you want to fly in NC you need to get this authorization from the state...

UAS Account Creation & Login | Operating a UAS / drone in N.C.

Its a fairly simple test and you print a certificate with your number.

With the storm aimed right at NC it would be a good idea to do this in advance.

I appreciat

As we watch the weather and see Hurricane Florence develop, we keep all of those potentially affected in our thoughts and prayers. We hope you and your families are safe and taking all the precautions you can. As Floridians we understand hurricanes, the damage they create and the lives they disrupt.

If there are any drone operators that are interested in assisting with search and rescue, power line failure / restoration or anything else related to public safety or benefitting the repair of storm damage, let us know. We have initiated a list of pilots both in the area of concern as well as those who are willing to travel for the recovery efforts.

To get on the list or to get more details about the timing, equipment requirements or the pay, register on our site and we will call you to talk specifics: Pilot Network Registration

You can also email us directly at [email protected] (Sky Source Aerial is the service division of Florida Drone Supply).

Pilot compensation:

This is a 1 time fee to cover any costs to get you to the site and ready to fly.

Many times our clients will pay pilots to be "on-call" and ready to deploy. When standing by you need to be able to arrive ready to fly with an 8 hour notice.

Depending upon the contract, the pilot may or may not receive a daily fuel credit - and some clients provide fuel trucks for us to fill up from at no charge.

In order to add you to our list, we need your primary aircraft equipment (prefer P4P or better - minimum of 20mp sensor is a must), and a copy of your FAA Part 107 certificate number.

Due to the high call volume, please primarily utilize email; please email us directly at [email protected] (Sky Source Aerial is the service division of Florida Drone Supply).

We are assessing and building our inventory of equipment related to the effort. From weatherproof M200s and M210s (and their weather sealed batteries), Inspires, Phantoms, Mavic 2s, all other batteries, CrystalSky monitors (and extra batteries) - both new and our dealer demos of all those items. We will standby with everything we have to make it available and ready to be put to work.

I appreciate everyone who responds to this call for action. I’m in SC 45miles inland from Myrtle Beach. Winds last night took down a few trees and knocked out power to half my town. Mother Nature is impressive.

I got the email from the FAA re no flying without authorization due to heavy rescue air traffic in NC and SC. Last week the City Administrator asked me if I would be willing to do a fly over after the storm to document storm damages. When I got the email from the FAA I wrote them back immediately requesting authorization. Within 20 minutes someone from Washington called and granted me permission as long as I was flying for the City and agreed to stay below 200feet.

I appreciat

I appreciate everyone who responds to this call for action. I’m in SC 45miles inland from Myrtle Beach. Winds last night took down a few trees and knocked out power to half my town. Mother Nature is impressive.

I got the email from the FAA re no flying without authorization due to heavy rescue air traffic in NC and SC. Last week the City Administrator asked me if I would be willing to do a fly over after the storm to document storm damages. When I got the email from the FAA I wrote them back immediately requesting authorization. Within 20 minutes someone from Washington called and granted me permission as long as I was flying for the City and agreed to stay below 200feet.
Hi Brian. I hope your area is safe and clear now and you have access to your location opened back up. We were thinking of you as the waters crested and people sent images of the rivers. Best wishes from everyone here at FDS.

Hi Brian. I hope your area is safe and clear now and you have access to your location opened back up. We were thinking of you as the waters crested and people sent images of the rivers. Best wishes from everyone here at FDS.
Thank you, we made it through the storm relatively unaffected however, as you’ve seen on the news surrounding areas have been devastated. I have to tip my hat to the people who have been flying with authorization, there’s been some truly impressive footage on the news from drone pilots. I truly feel we have something to offer municipalities, emergency responders, and victims. I offered to fly, but was told that the National Guard had brought their drones and pilots. Since then I’ve shifted my energies into helping families that were flooded out. We quickly got the utilities restored to a vacant property my church owned and converted it into a facility for volunteers to stay in. I’ve been driving to the hardest hit homes, identifying their needs then dispatching volunteer work crews to cut up downed trees, patch roofs, clean out homes, and start the process so that people can return home.

It’s put me off applying for grants but right now what my neighbors need is a helping hand and hope.

Pilot compensation:

I was flying with a group of pilots in Wilmington and they were saying you cancelled all the pilots you had put on hold?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44