Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Use P3 Charger for I1 controllers?

Reaction score
Topic?

I got a couple charger for P3 drones. Are the controller batteries the same in the two and can I use the P3 charger as an extra charger for the I1 controllers? With the I1 you can either run a battery and controller or two controllers. Figured I could leverage my P3 chargers (when not in use) to run the I3 controllers on, leaving the I1 charger for its batteries.

I am going to assume the P3 charger won't charge I1 batteries.

While I can't say for sure, I can't imagine there's a difference in the charging mechanism of any of DJI's major/similar TX's (obviously, the Mavic's aside).

Kinda what I figured.

I also discovered that the connector port on the I1 batteries is the same as the P3 batteries. I threw caution to the wind and connected the I1 charger to my 4 port P3 charging hub. Connector fit. Tried a I1 battery in it. It fit. I can put 2 I1 batteries (across from each other). They don't fit side by side so I can't get 4 on it. But, I can put 2 on it and use the battery to controller cable the I1 came with and plug that into one of the two remaining ports on the hub. So I can drop 2 batteries in and a controller. It will charge the two batteries and then the controller completely unattended. Now if I had another of those controller adaptor wires, I could put both controllers on with 2 batteries and wake up in the morning and have most of my goodies charged and RTG. I only have 3 batteries so charging the 3rd while I get a cup of joe is completely doable.

Odds are I will grab a I1 4port hub eventually. For now this works.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide