Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Used B&H photo video Inspires 1999.95

eeeech I dont know if I would buy a use one.

I bought a used phantom 2 from them. When they sent it is was the 2nd version and it was like new, or actually new, in the box. I don't think it had ever been off the ground.

eeeech I dont know if I would buy a use one.
There's a strategy to purchasing a used i1. I purchased my i1 for $1800 from a guy in another forum. The trick is that if you have homeowners insurance (I have Liberty Mutual) put your i1 on your policy. I actually have my i1 and my Iris+ on my policy which costs only $250 per year for both quads. LMutual covers fly-away and crashes with full replacement and no deductible. I'm just saying if you do what I described then the used option becomes much more palatable.

Last edited:
There's a strategy to purchasing a used i1. I purchased my i1 for $1800 a guy in another forum. The trick is that if you have homeowners insurance (I have Liberty Mutual) put your i1 on your policy. I actually have my i1 and my Iris+ on my policy which costs only $250 per year for both quads. LMutual covers fly-away and crashes with full replacement and no deductible. I'm just saying if you do what I described then the used option becomes much more palatable.

Umm, a say who, do what???
Liberty Mutual..... Offers a separate policy, or is this an addendum to your home owners, or is this secondary insurance??? Were you required to carry an umbrella, or a minimum level of coverage? Also your location would be helpful since insurance does basis their premiums by geographical location.

A $250 premium for what sounds like full coverage, exclusively on a $3000 UAV, is VERY difficult to believe. However given the benefit of the doubt, this would tell me a few things, the insurance companies have had time to run analysis on the durability of UAV's & their likelyhood to create personal & property damage. It also tells me that the typical person who decides to go buy a Inspire 1 for their first quadcopter, is one of the most whiny, negative, self-entitled, type of person who will stop at nothing to bring attention to themselves. An insurance company isn't going to insure anything for $250/yr. if they have even a 1% failure rate. All the while, I'm beginning to think that EVERY single inspire 1 crash has been recorded & told on this forum!!! There must not be many fly always, crashes or anything by in large, it's all way out of proportion due to those who have had such an incident, come here to the forums & spend the next 72 hours doing nothing but complaining....

Wormwood

Last edited:
Umm, a say who, do what???
Liberty Mutual..... Offers a separate policy, or is this an addendum to your home owners, or is this secondary insurance??? Were you required to carry an umbrella, or a minimum level of coverage? Also your location would be helpful since insurance does basis their premiums by geographical location.

A $250 premium for what sounds like full coverage, exclusively on a $3000 UAV, is VERY difficult to believe. However given the benefit of the doubt, this would tell me a few things, the insurance companies have had time to run analysis on the durability of UAV's & their likelyhood to create personal & property damage. It also tells me that the typical person who decides to go buy a Inspire 1 for their first quadcopter, is one of the more whiny,

This an addendum to the current policy.
No umbrella or minimum was required

This does not cover any type of liability as my side hustle requires me to carry an additional million dollars of coverage which is $950 per year for each quad. That coverage is through Aviation Insurance Resources.

Hey...fair game..that's why i posted it. I'm pretty sure they will have more. but now we know the price they go for at a retail setting as used.

Reactions: AmosMoses
Back in Stock! I'm really tempted since all the used prices here are WAY higher and offer no warranty.
Anyone have experience with B&H's used stuff??

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

All of the used Inspire's sold by BH are in prime condition.

Your absolutely right, mine was $1800.00 delivered with a 8+ marked Item Condition, it was Brand New looking, no marks Landing Pads was perfectly New and never had a problem, they give you a un conditional return policy for the first 30 days and a 90 warranty on the sale. You really cant go wrong, I save 1K and never looked back

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
Your absolutely right, mine was $1800.00 delivered with a 8+ marked Item Condition, it was Brand New looking, no marks Landing Pads was perfectly New and never had a problem, they give you a un conditional return policy for the first 30 days and a 90 warranty on the sale. You really cant go wrong, I save 1K and never looked back

Just like the phantom 2 I bought from them. I would not hesitate to buy a I1 from them at all!

Got mine today! Couple little things but so far it seems as described!

hmmmmmm Amazon new or BH used... Those that have purchased from BH is support better?

just gotta ask;)

hmmmmmm Amazon new or BH used... Those that have purchased from BH is support better?

just gotta ask;)

I bought my P2V+,P2V+V3, P3A(all new) and now the used I1 from them. Never had any problems with the P2's or the P3 so I can't say good or bad about their actual service. They ship really fast!
The used I1 that just showed up today I have a few concerns about, all minor so far,I'll have to ask them about but I'm sure they'll take care of it.
I wouldn't be hesitant to grab one of these up. I see they're out of stock again so if you see them in move quick!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84