Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

varying number of images captureed

Reaction score
Does anyone know why there would be big differences in the number of images captured between Drone Deploy and Map Pilot using the same flight parameters?

what is the % in the delta you are talking about? Did both data sets render a successful Ortho? I have used multiple data acquisition software, DroneDeploy, MapsMadeEasy, Pilot App, and all seem to be relatively close in their data sets. Over lap, altitude, 2d/3d settings, speed, camera lens size are all variables. I know you said parameters were the same?

Reactions: RMF808
I have not actually flown the same plot using Drone Deploy just set up the pre-flight area with same height and overlap as I had on Map Pilot. I did fly the area with Map Pilot and captured 97 images. Drone Deploy pre-flight indicates it would capture only 60. Weird I thought.

I started to look at Drone Deploy free flight capture because I seem to be having issues capturing all the images that Map Pilot says its going to capture. I've got good remote connection, re-formated the SD cards so not sure what is going on.

I use Mission Planner for all my thermal mapping missions. 500 to 2000 images at a time. It's always under estimates the actual completed number by 2 to 3%.

I do get full ortho images but its a high percentage of images not captured - 20% or more at times. And again, dont understand why the preflight specs would be so difference between Drone Deploy and Map Pilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG