Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

very excited and high hopes but...

Reaction score
I ordered the inspire dec 15/14 thereabouts with dual controllers and a spare battery and agreed to a price,it was ordered.
last night I was emailed that my order was close but the price is way way up because of our dollar falling.
So much for ordering ahead .
I am very disappointed, guess it was not supposed to happen and that's probably why my phatom 2 loaded never sold.
I was right into everything ,binder of printed threads ,check lists ready to order the displays

I am in southwestern Ontario and I ordered from oculusrc which used to be multirotor Canada out of bowmanville ontario. I received pricing nov23 2014 and ordered an inspire one dual controls and a spare battery ,we commnunicated dec 1 again and the dealer said as soon as the product is shipped he needed the full amount, no problem I said
I contacted him a few times to see how my order was coming along and he said its coming but slow .then I got an email last night telling me that it could ship but he is looking for an extra 400.00 and I don't think that the battery.
I thought a quote was a quote, I am surprised and disappointed

Last edited:
Anyone still on a long wait list I'd recommend just canceling your order and finding one that's in stock elsewhere. I ordered pretty late, (DEC 31) then was on a long wait list on Amazon. After getting antsy I saw CopterShop had them in stock around January 19th, ordered mine and had it 2 days later. Cancelled amazon order and got full refund. I'm not sure exactly who has them in stock now but I imagine as the weeks have gone by they must be getting easier to find.

I ordered mine from Amazon (Sonic Copters) Monday evening and received it yesterday. Seems they are in stock now.

the problem is that because of our falling dollar the full inspire dual battery and charger is going to be up
about 450.00 compared to what I was quotted.
I have all the emails on a price agreement and now when they are being shipped mine order is changed, I don't
think thats right a quote is a quote

the problem is that because of our falling dollar the full inspire dual battery and charger is going to be up
about 450.00 compared to what I was quotted.
I have all the emails on a price agreement and now when they are being shipped mine order is changed, I don't
think thats right a quote is a quote

I would encourage you to fight it! Pre-order prices are locked in for those who PRE-ORDER. Stop payment if necessary.

I had bought my phantom2 and other things from him so he never asked me for money down, he knew I was good for it
from many previous dealings.
I like the company his shipping was fast but he was hard to get a hold of then throught email, then he dropped the name multirotor Canada to oculusrc
out of bownmaville Ontario
Its to bad because I could have pre-ordered form at least 2 other suppliers that would have not done that and I picked him over a 50.00 savings
guess that greed did not pay off

Not this time Wood Man...but hopefully it'll serve as a cautionary tale for anyone else.
I had a rocky start with Multirotorheli, but things worked out well in the end.

the multirotorheli you wrote about are these the guys in western Canada?
I might have to buy there

the multirotorheli you wrote about are these the guys in western Canada?
I might have to buy there
They're based here I'm Calgary. Still had a couple units left when I talked with him yesterday.
I think there's going to be a delay in further shipments because of Chinese New Years...

would you buy again?
secondly I am sort of turned off ,I had the phantom ,sold it and now have the phantom 2 fpv 3d gimbal and its not selling so maybe the writing is on the wall.this mess has cost me 450.00 .
I should have went with great hobbies PEI it would have cost a bit more at that time but now I would have been laughing I would had it,
instead I went with multirotor bowmanville (now called oculusrc) and I don't have one and if I want one its 450.00 extra

things did work out ok, I lost about 100.00 better than 450.00 there is no place one can get a deal on these now
with our dollar falling

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84