Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Vibration of inspire 1 Pro

Reaction score
Hi all.
I've got a inspire 1 pro which has started vibrating..the vibrations are exacerbated when gear is up.
I've checked all screws
T Joint on arms is solid etc..

At a loss now as to What a causing it.
Any ideas.?

Hi all.
I've got a inspire 1 pro which has started vibrating..the vibrations are exacerbated when gear is up.
I've checked all screws
T Joint on arms is solid etc..

At a loss now as to What a causing it.
Any ideas.?
Swap the props and see what's happen ... Replace the props with new ones and see what's happen ... Is she vibrating when hovering only? Short video may help.

Swap the props and see what's happen ... Replace the props with new ones and see what's happen ... Is she vibrating when hovering only? Short video may help.
Hi.
I've swapped the props for new ones already and no difference.
It's only visible when hovering as when flying u can't see it happening...

Hi.
I've swapped the props for new ones already and no difference.
It's only visible when hovering as when flying u can't see it happening...
OK, how severe is this vibration? Can you determine the amount of clearance play at T-joints? To do this set the machine on table top and try to move both arms in and out. This clearance can be adjusted by shimming the tube bearing inside T-joints, which acts also as a vibration damper. Still, some clearance is required to allow for smooth, unobstructed arm movements.

BTW mine Inspire vibrates sometimes as well when hovering, but it'll vanish when accelerated. In perfect scenario each prop/motor assembly should be individually paired and balanced, which is extremely difficult to perform without sophisticated tuning equipment.

There's a neat trick to determine the severity of frame vibrations during flight. Attach firmly an smartphone to battery compartment side and make a videos of corresponding arms during flight in both positions (up and landing). Repeat for another side. Better yet, fasten GoPro 4 Session cube to a tag plate (on the back of battery compartment) with sticky holder. This will allow to see the entire frame behavior during flight. Finally, let us see the video ...

Last edited:
The X5 firmware screws up the gains on the bird. Had the same thing happen when I bought my X5. Turn down the vertical gain. Would need to check if I changed anything else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawsonlee