Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video quality getting destroyed

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having problems. When I load my video footage into my video editing software it is very jumpy, pixelated and basically not 1/1000th the quality. I can watch the footage on my computer no problem and it's perfect but once it's in the software it's destroyed. I'm using Adobe Premeire Pro CC, I've also loaded it into Windows movie maker and get the same result. At the start I thought it was the 4k footage so I went and filmed 1080 @ 50fps and it's still happening. It happens with the software playback and when I export the video. Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, Soflms. Admittedly my computer specs aren't great as it's a laptop that is about 2 years old:

Intel i3 2370M @ 2.40GHz
4GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

I will purchase a better computer but I don't want to spend a lot of money that isn't needed. All of the footage plays back perfectly in Windows media player, I haven't tried in another video player. Once I load the video into video editing software and play the preview inside the software the footage is destroyed, it carries over to the exported footage....I'm stuck real bad on this one.

Thanks,
Patrick

Reactions: Soflms
You're not alone all of us have had something we've had to work around. Anyways If it means anything I do all my editing on a 2008 macbook pro with 4gb ram. Yep, 4gb. I dont shoot 4k as of now I shoot 1080p in 60fps simply because of my computer specs. I use Final Cut Pro X and do offline editing. I just render the clips before editing and have had zero issues. Do you have final cut? Can you try rendering the clips first before editing? I bet it'll work. Maybe your computer is running too much in the background? maybe the editing program you're using is taking up too much memory?

I've had my eye on an upgraded imac 5k and want to pull the trigger soon however...

Reactions: SkyLabs86
Thanks Soflms, yeah it sucks but nothing is easy with technology lol. I'm currently downloading DaVinci Resolve so I can render the footage before I edit it out. I'll let ya know how that works out. Good luck on the new imac.

Reactions: Soflms
I edited this comment because I noticed you're not on a mac. I was once again suggesting the ease and use of FCPX

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg