Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video: Understanding Airspace

Reaction score
Website
remotepilot101.com
Charts and airspace play such a huge role not only in our everyday operations but also on the FAA Part 107 knowledge test. Last week myself and the team at RemotePilot101 handled over 1,000 support tickets/live chat requests and the common theme was airspace.

So I put together a quick video for you guys to gain a better understanding of airspace. Enjoy - Jason

Nice video. Your t-shirt was super distracting, but I learned quite a bit just now. So thank you.

If I motion track the remote pilot url logo seamlessly over the company that's currently there can I have a free course?

Charts and airspace play such a huge role not only in our everyday operations but also on the FAA Part 107 knowledge test. Last week myself and the team at RemotePilot101 handled over 1,000 support tickets/live chat requests and the common theme was airspace.

So I put together a quick video for you guys to gain a better understanding of airspace. Enjoy - Jason

Good Video....it is needed....Good meeting you at InterDrone in LV...thanks for the little T shirts.... the girls loved them and will probably take your course.... .. .- -.

Hi Jason, im taking your coarse now, but i keep getting tripped up on radio frequencies for trafic vs. weather. Is one always first? Or one always in italics? Im looking for an easy way to remember the difference. I know the c is for common weather though. great coarse!

Hi Jason, im taking your coarse now, but i keep getting tripped up on radio frequencies for trafic vs. weather. Is one always first? Or one always in italics? Im looking for an easy way to remember the difference. I know the c is for common weather though. great coarse!

I did this quick on my phone so excuse the messy writing lol

APP= approach frequency you contact to enter airspace.

CTAF= common traffic advisory frequency , what local pilots will be on. This is what you will monitor most of the time if you carry a hand held radio.

ATIS/AWOS= is just weather broadcast of surface conditions at that airport

NAV= is a frequency pilots use to navigate to that particular point on land which is a VOR/ VORTAC , etc

Attachments

• 20160917_100522.jpg
    20160917_100522.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 7

Thank you for your business my friend! Weather will always follow something like ATIS, ASOS, or AWOS then the frequency.

Reactions: johnmont250
Passed my UAG exam today with 90% correct. Many questions on the test not covered in the study materials or online course. My test had 63 questions with random three being tossed before grading. Be aware many questions are worded differently and scenario based. About 20% of my test was airport operations and communication based, 30% on UAS operation the rest on sectionals and weather. One particular question asked about approaching manned aircraft to an airport and where to expect them to join the local traffic. More coverage in study materials needed in these areas. Even so thanks again Jason, well worth the investment, just keep updating the course!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool