Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Warm camera

I have noticed mine doing so in the past few days during ground tests. About to take it for it's maiden flight today so I'll update on if it's just a thing while it rests on the ground.

The CPU processor in the camera generates a lot of heat. That's why the camera has cooling fins on top, and a little fan in the rear to draw air across when flying.

Also the camera didn't seem quite as warm during my maiden flight. I think it's partially designed to be cooled by flight.

Can someone confirm little white fan behind camera is suppose to spin? Has anyone seen it spin or does yours spin after you turn on aircraft?

InspireCameraFan.jpg

Yes, when you turn on the copter's battery the fan is engaged.

You can here Lightbridge fan most noticeable fan sound on aircraft and you can see or hear this camera fan spinning also?

Thx InspireOne! Guess my aircraft will get returned.

You can here Lightbridge fan most noticeable fan sound on aircraft and you can see or hear this camera fan spinning also?

Thx InspireOne! Guess my aircraft will get returned.

It spins when necessary. Sorry for not making that more clear.

EDIT: Going to have to test this for certain!

Last edited:
DJI Support said it's supposed to spin when camera hits 30°C/86°F but mine never spins gets extremely hot you can't even touch it.

Thx again!

I always turn on remote first then aircraft but I've never put propellers on aircraft yet. When you blow into camera fan it actually moves freely. I didn't want air from aircraft propellers spinning the camera fan or cooling camera down.

EDIT: Going to have to test this for certain!

Ok thx.. yeah I leave my propellers off, leave iPad or iPhone connected to aircraft. You can hear lightbridge fan running after 15 mins or so camera gets really hot but camera fan never spins.

Always turn the AC on first, then the RC. AC off first, then RC. Your camera can almost never get too cold. Electronics prefer cold over heat. The fan should start up as you turn on the RC (AC should already be on at this point).

Always turn the AC on first, then the RC. AC off first, then RC. Your camera can almost never get too cold. Electronics prefer cold over heat. The fan should start up as you turn on the RC (AC should already be on at this point).
RC first then aircraft as per DJI instructions in the operating manual.

I stand corrected. Re-read and I was wrong. I hate getting old and dyslexic. Anywho, my apologies for the mis information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry