Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

WARNING Inspire near crash error close to NFZ

So had reply from DJI.
They said "don't fly near NFZ's". MMmmmm Helpful.
Here is their email, just in case you think I joke:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting DJI technical support.
Sorry for being late.
We have tried many times on your case.
Went to launch Inspire out side of NFZ. The DJIgo app warned that near NFZ. Started motors, completed pre flight check.
Push left stick up to take up.
Craft raised about 0.5m and started to veer sharply right away from NFZ into safety barrier.
Pilot immediately pulled right stick left to pull away from barrier, craft continued to pull right away from NFZ by its self, Safety issue as pilot had no control of craft at this point.
Pilot pulled down on left stick to land and cut power.
When moved launch site further away from NFZ, issue did not occur.
So, our engineer just sggest you to avoid the NFZ, then the problem will be solved.
Thanks for you understanding.
Best regards,
DJI Support EU
So I was right then?......
If you are on the boundary/threshold of a NFZ there is the potential for your aircraft to veer sharply away from the GeoFence boundary.
Unbelievable incompetence by DJI

And people wonder why GeoFence still hasn't been released - They just cant get it right.

So I was right then?......
If you are on the boundary/threshold of a NFZ there is the potential for your aircraft to veer sharply away from the GeoFence boundary.
Unbelievable incompetence by DJI
And people wonder why GeoFence still hasn't been released - They just cant get it right.
I am still uncertain whether this problem relates to the existing NFZ available in the formal/public release (1.8.1.0 and prior) or the GEO beta 2 firmware. I suspect the former. With the GEO beta 2, the aircraft will hit the geo fence about 50m outside the Authorisation Zone and will not pass until the zone is unlocked. Inside the zone and within this 50m barrier the motors will not start (if the zone is locked).

Reactions: Ikopta
I am still uncertain whether this problem relates to the existing NFZ available in the formal/public release (1.8.1.0 and prior) or the GEO beta 2 firmware. I suspect the former. With the GEO beta 2, the aircraft will hit the geo fence about 50m outside the Authorisation Zone and will not pass until the zone is unlocked. Inside the zone and within this 50m barrier the motors will not start (if the zone is locked).
What about setting the aircraft down right on the cusp of the zone?
What I believe MAY have happened is that the zone in question had not properly 'fixed' its location via GPS. Then once HDOP/VDOP had stabilised the zone 'moved' slightly and resulted in the aircraft being pushed sideways.

Reactions: Ikopta
What about setting the aircraft down right on the cusp of the zone?
What I believe MAY have happened is that the zone in question had not properly 'fixed' its location via GPS. Then once HDOP/VDOP had stabilised the zone 'moved' slightly and resulted in the aircraft being pushed sideways.
Be interesting to see how they deal with a claim against them for damage or injury. I'm sure the defence of "oh well, you know, we said the fence was @500m, you really should have been 550m away, didnt we tell you?" will go down well.
If its not accurate, dump it. What legal requirement is there for putting geofencing up anyway?

...... What legal requirement is there for putting geofencing up anyway?
None whatsoever. It is a self imposed 'Nanny' measure by DJI to suck up to the FAA so they can say "Ohhh look what responsible Drone manufacturer we are.....aren't we just the bestest ever"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla