Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

We could only wish

Reaction score
With Sandisk coming out with a 1TB microsd card, I wish DJI would allow CNG and ProRes to be able to work on microsd card too. The savings would be amazing for us. $449 for a 1 TB micro sd card vs close to $2000 for Cinessd sticks. DJI definitely isn't going to give up it's accessories cash cow to allow this. Could only wish ... sigh.

Yeah its 420 Gps vs 170 mbs write speed, not even close. Who knows what the future holds but I still wouldn't bet on DJI allowing it if micro sd cards speeds were compatible. Normally storage prices drop. DJI's proprietary storage price doesn't.

Yeah its 420 Gps vs 170 mbs write speed, not even close. Who knows what the future holds but I still wouldn't bet on DJI allowing it if micro sd cards speeds were compatible. Normally storage prices drop. DJI's proprietary storage price doesn't.
DJI’s solution is proprietary because it has to work, guaranteed, at very high data rates. If it sporadically dropped a frame at 4gbps it would be useless and the whole dng/ProRes feature would be useless.

Reactions: vertrider1
DJI’s solution is proprietary because it has to work, guaranteed, at very high data rates. If it sporadically dropped a frame at 4gbps it would be useless and the whole dng/ProRes feature would be useless.
I truly understand how and why it is proprietary works.. I am talking about the fact that storage prices drop but not DJIs. The license price for Adobe and ProRes I get, storage price remaining the same ... nope.

Last edited:
I truly understand how and why it is proprietary works.. I am talking about the fact that storage prices drop but not DJIs. The license price for Adobe and ProRes I get, storage price remaining the same ... nope.

this is because DJI CineSSDs are made by Samsung in rather small quantities. Unless DJI sells a ton more of the CineSSDs the price will not come down substantially...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop