Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

We have continuous autofocus now?

Reaction score
Not sure if it's the lens of the new update to DJI GO App which forces you to log in but I cannot find such option anywhere in settings and it's very obvious that every time I move the gimbal the camera does re-focus on that spot, annoying as hell and ruins every single shot. How to disable it.

Last edited:
Hope that's not the case. Sold my mavic because they had soooo many changes in the focus functionality

I'd lock it down in manual focus if I could. That seems to be pretty bad and very noticeable on the brick buildings where it pops in and out of focus by a great degree.

Might explain why they use union shop "Focus Pullers" in Hollywood. Every time I try and do it myself manually I go the wrong way first, and then have correct the other way and overshoot. I do the same sometimes with the gimbal tilt wheel too. Ugh!

I'd lock it down in manual focus if I could. That seems to be pretty bad and very noticeable on the brick buildings where it pops in and out of focus by a great degree.

Might explain why they use union shop "Focus Pullers" in Hollywood. Every time I try and do it myself manually I go the wrong way first, and then have correct the other way and overshoot. I do the same sometimes with the gimbal tilt wheel too. Ugh!

Worst case scenario I can set focus to manual on the lens itself and pull it to infinity like Phantoms/Mavic has but it has not been happening before which makes me think there should be way to revert. AE Lock does not fix the problem.

If you touch to focus in auto and then switch to manual focus, it doesn't keep doing that, does it? That should be the safest way to go if you don't want to manually focus.

No it doesn't but I miss the time when I could re-focus with C2 and start shooting and re-focus again if needed. Not have it focus randomly during the shoot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hukumkaikka