Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Cendence Remote Controller

Sweet! Buttttt how do you have it and nobody else does including dji or b&h?!? I have in-stock alerts set up and neither of those ever had them in stock...

Sorry we cannot speak for other vendors or DJI as to what availability they may or may not have. We can only speak for what we have available and in stock in our facility as an established, top-tier, dealer and distributor.

Sorry we cannot speak for other vendors or DJI as to what availability they may or may not have. We can only speak for what we have available and in stock in our facility as an established, top-tier, dealer and

I guess Dji showed us some love on our shipping dates..... Did I mention I’m selling 1 in the classifieds because we accidentally bought 1 too many :)

2cdeff56a9c1acf42a8ba78d3ee7fa15.jpg

I just got my Cendence and configured the way I like it. Here's a couple observations.
  1. This remote is what I've been wanting for years from DJI. I hated going from my futaba 14sg to a simplified amateur remote. It's nice I have plenty options to quickly access now.
  2. I love the focus dial. I wish I could adjust it's sensitivity from 50-120%. I'm also hoping someone can fabricate a bigger dial for it (I still don't have a 3D Printer).
  3. I'm not a fan of the dust covers. Seems to make control a little more stiff. It's also much stiffer to the max limits. Perhaps they can be stretched out or cut.
  4. Has anyone done a range test between the stock antennas vs patch antenna?

Reactions: marctronixx
I just got my Cendence and configured the way I like it. Here's a couple observations.
  1. This remote is what I've been wanting for years from DJI. I hated going from my futaba 14sg to a simplified amateur remote. It's nice I have plenty options to quickly access now.
  2. I love the focus dial. I wish I could adjust it's sensitivity from 50-120%. I'm also hoping someone can fabricate a bigger dial for it (I still don't have a 3D Printer).
  3. I'm not a fan of the dust covers. Seems to make control a little more stiff. It's also much stiffer to the max limits. Perhaps they can be stretched out or cut.
  4. Has anyone done a range test between the stock antennas vs patch antenna?

Range test unfortunately gave me half the distance with the patch... not sure why

Sliders still aren’t programmable on mine ... anyone figure that out yet ?

Range test unfortunately gave me half the distance with the patch... not sure why

Sliders still aren’t programmable on mine ... anyone figure that out yet ?

I’m sticking with the stock antennas for now. They seem better then the patch. Also bummed the sliders don’t work. I can make good use of those! Like tilting FPV camera rather then using the hold down combination. Perhaps also adjusting the gains of the bird.

Also, in our pictures above we had that bar installed on the bottom as it came installed. Not sure what purpose it serves (if anyone has the answer please chime in). We have since removed it and it then leaves a 1/4-20 on each bottom side corner.
That Bar keeps the Controller vents clear to vent heat and are not blocked , if like sitting on a table and you have it on , OR when wearing a neck strap and the controller is sitting against your belly , That's my thinking :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Advexure
@Advexure mentioned there were some hardware issues and fw problems with earlier model patch antennas. So if you’re on latest version of fw, I recommend contacting DJI support for hardware replacement

Correct, there was a very small wave of units that we identified that faced Patch Antenna performance issues as well as extremely limited speed. We worked with DJI to swiftly replace these complete units (Cendence and Patch) and have seen no further indication of this issue in units after that wave.

Reactions: marctronixx
That Bar keeps the Controller vents clear to vent heat and are not blocked , if like sitting on a table and you have it on , OR when wearing a neck strap and the controller is sitting against your belly , That's my thinking :)

Correct, we agree and thanks for sharing that insight on that post a ways back. DJI calls that bar the "Support Rig". They also now have one for the Inspire 2 Remotes which can be seen here: DJI Inspire 2 Remote Controller Support Rig. Pushes the RC away from your abdomen just a tad. Safe flying!

Reactions: Pixar
Can anyone recommend a UK supplier for the Cendence.
Do you get the patch antenna or the sticks antenna in the box?

Last question - the early pictures show the crystalsky bracket without a neck strap attachment loop.
Does the current production batch have the neck strap loop?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianlara9389