Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Weird thing happened when I upgraded firmware

Reaction score
Hey guys

Something very strange happened when I tried to upgrade my new inspire pro's firmware.

So, i got the warning that i needed to upgrade so i downloaded the controller upgrade from the app and that all worked fine. Then I had to upgrade the camera and the drone. I downloaded two files from the DJI website (oh on the about section on the drone it said my firmware was currently 1.4)

I downloaded these two files - my understanding was the top one was the drone and the bottom the camera
WM610_FW_V01.06.00.40
WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60

I put the WM610_FW_V01.06.00.40 file on the card and put it in the drone. I got nothing, no option to upgrade, it just still told me I need to upgrade. I then tried the 1.5 firmware and the same thing happened.

So i then i formatted the card and copied the WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60 file and put it in the drone. The drone made a bunch of weird nosed for about 30mins then it settled down. I didn't get a progress bar in the app or an indication that it was ugrading.

I then checked the 'about' in the app and it said that everything was up to date and I was running 1.6. I thought I was just upgrading the camera's firmware not the drones'.

I guess my question is - does the WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60 file upgrade everything? and why did i get a progress bar in the app?

Everything seems to be normal but i've a bit worried to take it flying after that. I've only taken it out a few times so don't really want it falling out the sky from 100ft.

Cheers

B

@BrenMyster there are completely different firmwares for the I1 and I1Pro from separate page on the DJI website. Many of the sun system updates are identical but some are unique to the I1Pro. This is obviously the X5 camera and gimbal but also the motors and ESC firmware. The noise you were hearing during the second update happens when the ESC is being updated. You will probably not clear the About 1.6 version identification until the I1Pro firmware exceeds this number.

You can check what subsystems were updated in the second install by switching on hidden files on your computer and then looking in the MISC/LOG folder. You won't be able to check your first install because you reformatted the card. As a I1 owner with an X5 I believe you will find that everything has been correctly updated and you are safe to fly. Just check that you have updated all your batteries using the FW 1.3.0.60 I1Pro file.

Reactions: Thomas Hertz
you are correct. the WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60 file upgrades everthing. it is the firmware for "Inspire 1 Pro" (which you can also use if you have the original Inspire plus the X5 camera).

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotflieger
Great, cheers guys.

I'm now having issued with my TB48, says fully charged on the charger (solid green light) but the battery is only showing one bar and does not even power up the drone. Any ideas? Is there a master reset for the battery?

@BrenMyster glad to have helped. I am not sure that I understand the LED indications on your TB48.

The current charge is indicated by a momentary (brief) press of the Power Button. When it is fully charged all 4 green LEDs should light - anything else is a partial charge. If you plug it into the charger and you get no LEDs lit, then it is also fully charged. If you get a single flashing green LED you have a fault. Which one and how fast (2 or 3Hz)? If you are getting a single LED lit when you power on the battery in the aircraft, then it is not charged. If the battery will not charge it should be returned to your supplier under warranty.

hey, cheers, I think there is a fault in the battery, i've requested an exchange.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido