Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What cameras are you using?

Reaction score
I'm interested in what cameras pilots are using on their Inspire 1/2 drones, and the use cases for them.
If you have purchased another camera, what do you do with the standard X3 camera that come with these drones?
I have an X5, which takes very nice pictures, but I normally use a Phantom 4 Pro for most of my shoots, and I'm wondering if the Inspire 1/X5 is necessary for most uses. No one seems to want to pay me any extra for the X5 pictures.

Reaction score
X5S for most projects and the X7 for bigger budget feature film projects. I just finished a feature and they specifically requested (and paid extra) for the X7. Having interchangeable lenses is a most as I rarely shoot wide.

Reactions: DKG13CC
Reaction score
I'm interested in what cameras pilots are using on their Inspire 1/2 drones, and the use cases for them.
If you have purchased another camera, what do you do with the standard X3 camera that come with these drones?
I have an X5, which takes very nice pictures, but I normally use a Phantom 4 Pro for most of my shoots, and I'm wondering if the Inspire 1/X5 is necessary for most uses. No one seems to want to pay me any extra for the X5 pictures.
The X3 is my goto for the construction videos I do. If I do anything "cinematic" or especially in low light, I use the X5.

This video was shot with the X5:

Despite being shot in D-Log, it really lacks the dynamic range needed for this type of cinematography. Because I didn't want to blow out the N.M. sky, getting the exposure just right was a real challenge. I also know from watching other balloon videos that it's easy to blow out the balloons when they're glowing. So I erred to the lower side of the exposure value. To make things worse, I edited this in Sony Vegas 13, which has crap for color correction, exposure, etc. I use Adobe Premiere Pro now, which would probably make the final product a little better.

One of these days I plan on purchasing an X5R. Prices on Inspire 1's and their peripherals are constantly dropping. I just need an excuse the pull the trigger on that purchase....

D

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitek23