Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What IPAD can I use without any lag on video

Hi,

The DJI forums do show reply from DJI stating what you can use, I think the iPad Mini 2 is minimum. I've just purchased the Nvidia Shield though, as it fits perfectly inside Inspire case where the instructions were. Not flown with it yet, but sure it will be fine. There is a small amount of lag, say 1/4 sec, not sure if this is down to the Shield or quality I'm streaming. I flown for about a month using iPhone 6, but the Android version of DJI Pilot seems better

Hope this helps

Chris

Reactions: kevinlutch
What IPAD can I use without any lag on video?

In general you would want a tablet that has enough processing and graphic power and then some.
After much debate I went with I believe is the current standard, or the most popular tablet around. The iPad Air 2.

So far mine has performed very well considering no issues with video transmission.

Reactions: sirnikolas
I got a mini 3, because someone gave me the measurements for the holder wrong and i didnt think the air would fit, grrrrrr,
the mini 3 has some issues, Im trying to see if I can work out what causes it.......

general lag, the screen doesnt refresh, and sometimes the app drops out completely after taking still shots in quick succession.

there is no lag on a big screen attached to my second controller, I havent gotten as far as trying the second controller as the master to see if I have a defective lightbridge, I guess I will test that next time im out flying

I too use dji's most recommended tablet being the Air 2. I hate apple products but if they say this is the best tablet for the Inspire 1 then so be it. I bet they never heard the story of Adam and Eve and the apple. We all know how that turned out...

Reactions: slim.slamma
general lag, the screen doesnt refresh, and sometimes the app drops out completely after taking still shots in quick succession.

there is no lag on a big screen attached to my second controller, I havent gotten as far as trying the second controller as the master to see if I have a defective lightbridge, I guess I will test that next time im out flying

Have you enabled hardware decoding?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips