Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What is next for the Inspire DJI ?

Reaction score
Now that the phantom3 is out.....obviuosly inspire owners aren't thrilled about the package that is the P3. I still believe when the two are sitting side by side that the inspire is still the superior machine. with that being said, I don't believe the inspire is twice as good as the P3 Pro, which is what current prices reflect. So what is next? what will Dji do to make the inspire their flagship entry pro model??? I have heard that there will be an improvement to the camera....Maybe a zoom???? Wow, that would be amazing.I can't believe that the inspire will be left to be the over priced fancy version of the P3 Pro......
Any thoughts?????????

DJI knows that all of us with inspires, s900's, s1000's etc want a P3 for those hard to reach/sketchy places and photo shoots. For example, cell phone tower inspection. Should I use my inspire? I hear that cell phone towers can make these things do whacky things....I guess we should probably use the phantom....It's an awesome drone and I wont cry all week if it flys away into oblivion. Not to mention the fact that this thing is like a MacBook. Every firmware update brings new features and settings.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much just commenting to keep this thread at the top. I would like to here what the staffers say.

One thing that I do want to point out is that DJI joined Micro 4/3, from what I understand, It is a union off companies that use the same camera CMOS? Maybe wrong here

The Inspire is due for some upgraded or new camera options, this will then differentiate the P3 from the Inspire.
Come on DJI, or other third party suppliers such as the excellent www.DroneExpert.nl, ......get it on, there are buyers ready to throw even more hard earned money in this direction!

1. Two cameras. one facing forward for flight. Second is a gimbal option for a controller. (or forward and reverse views)
2. Upgraded gimbal. Allow for DSLR
3. Extended landing gear. To allow you to land with such DSLR
4. Upgraded motors for carrying the DSLR
5. Two lightbridge feeds, so that both operator and gimbal control have their own views
6. Payload capabilities

I wish for a built in tracker and addition of an extra battery. (which may be the payload area)
Maybe upgrades to lightbridge to allow for better video quality and range.
Wouldn't a positioning sensor in all four landing areas be nice???

Last edited:
1. Two cameras. one facing forward for flight. Second is a gimbal option for a controller. (or forward and reverse views)
2. Upgraded gimbal. Allow for DSLR
3. Extended landing gear. To allow you to land with such DSLR
4. Upgraded motors for carrying the DSLR
5. Two lightbridge feeds, so that both operator and gimbal control have their own views
6. Payload capabilities

I wish for a built in tracker and addition of an extra battery. (which may be the payload area)
Maybe upgrades to lightbridge to allow for better video quality and range.
Wouldn't a positioning sensor in all four landing areas be nice???

Yes to all of this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan