Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

what is the best "free" 3D mapping software?

Reaction score
hi, i have an inspire 1 pro and would like to try my hand at 3D mapping. What is the best free and easy to use 3D mapping software?

cheers

I haven't found a free one yet, but Drone Deploy offers a free 30 day trial, they are one of the best out there for mapping IMHO.

Reactions: rdweaver
Alitzure is pretty good and free. IMHO it's better than DD (and it's FREE). You're limited to the size of the project, kinda, if you go over the limit you basically get put on the back burner, your render may take a long time or not get completed. The project below was over twice the allowed amount and still rendered just fine (MUCH faster than the same data set on Drone Deploy too). I really liek the app (I'm on Android), easy to use and so far no fly aways! lol

St. Ignatius Loyola Church - Denver, CO

I haven't found a free one yet, but Drone Deploy offers a free 30 day trial, they are one of the best out there for mapping IMHO.
Drone deploy offers a free version. You get 5 maps a month and doesn't have all the other features but does what I need. Just know it is not perfect when mapping.

We have tried DroneDeploy. Seems to work well. They gave us very good customer service too. Helped me get better images and even extended my free trial because I couldn't fly much here because of the weather. Virtual Surveyor also has a free 14 day trial. What I like about Drones Made Easy is, it's a pay-as-you-go service OR you can do a monthly subscription. I also like what I see with Precision Hawk. You can download their app for free but not sure if they offer a free mapping trial.

Update... I have now tried Altizure and was very impressed. Worked great, was easy to use and I got my 3D image much faster than I did from DroneDeploy, although there were fewer photos to process.
I guess the biggest difference between Altizure and DroneDeploy is what you can do with the information it is compiled. The services DroneDeploy offers with the data is way more useful.

I love Agisoft Photoscan Pro, It's just slow to process, and I have a pretty high end PC. DD just seems to process in the cloud so much faster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions