Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What's the BEST Tablet now that iPads are in the mix?

Do you prefer Android or iOS?

• Android

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • iOS

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters
Just one note: regardless of apple IPad device used, don't install unnessery applications on the device and make sure you kill all Unused application processors before running the DJI pilot application. By doing this, all CPU processes are used for the DJI app and video is processed cleaner and contestant and you should see faster clear video with less latenicy and yield greater video downlink distance per the Inspire max video range.

Hi, Steve. Would you mind sharing how to "kill all used applications" as I am new to iPads?

TIA!

Jay

Hi, Steve. Would you mind sharing how to "kill all used applications" as I am new to iPads?

TIA!

Jay
I can chime in here:

This is actually a bit more applicable to Android, which multi-tasks better, but also applicable to iOS.

Method 1: Double click your Home button, then swipe up on each app you want to close.
Method 2: Restart your iPad.

My goal is to stay mobile. I plan to go on a number of hikes this spring and summer in the mountains. I've developed a first version conversion kit to turn my case into a back-pack. I'm trying to fit all of my accessories in the case. Would 2x air 2s fit in the case like in the other picture? Or do I need minis?Picture1.png IMG_1571.PNG

My goal is to stay mobile. I plan to go on a number of hikes this spring and summer in the mountains. I've developed a first version conversion kit to turn my case into a back-pack. I'm trying to fit all of my accessories in the case. Would 2x air 2s fit in the case like in the other picture? Or do I need minis?View attachment 443 View attachment 444

James

My iPad Air 2 will not fit in that area where the documents are held. You need to go with the iPad mini 2's.

What are your scanners for?
I'm not sure, that's a picture I pulled off instragram from another pilot. I was wondering the same thing. I can't think of a reason to have the pilot and cam-op so far away from each other that they would need radios.

Hi Everyone
I am about to purchase a inspire 2 and would like to know what the best iPad is to have on the controller. Do I need to have internet connection for the gps feed and what size 16gb 32 or 64 BG
( sorry everyone but I am not that up to speed on tech stuff lol...... it’s my age..... well that’s my excuse )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool