Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What's the confidence level with current Inspire drones?

Reaction score
I'm coming from a Phantom 3 Pro to an Inspire and I'm hoping I don't regret spending the $3000. My P3P has been rock solid since day one with zero issues. I'm hoping my recently ordered Inspire 1 is the same way. I'm wondering at how many people are having or have had problems due to firmware bugs or issues? Of course my worse fear is just like everyone's is and that is a $3K run away drone.

Who can rest assure me and tell me everything will be okay with my newest purchase?

Im in the same boat......3k is a lot to spend on a drone without the fear of a fly away.....Its easier to swallow loosing a 1200.00 P3 I guess but 3k taking off is another story. I guess its a bigger gamble.

Im in the same boat......3k is a lot to spend on a drone without the fear of a fly away.....Its easier to swallow loosing a 1200.00 P3 I guess but 3k taking off is another story. I guess its a bigger gamble.

the risk of an inspire flying away i would same is the same as any other rig out there, including any pro platform with a controller like an A2 or a WKM (pro and is those rigs that go for well over 20k)

I'm coming from a Phantom 3 Pro to an Inspire and I'm hoping I don't regret spending the $3000. My P3P has been rock solid since day one with zero issues. I'm hoping my recently ordered Inspire 1 is the same way. I'm wondering at how many people are having or have had problems due to firmware bugs or issues? Of course my worse fear is just like everyone's is and that is a $3K run away drone.

Who can rest assure me and tell me everything will be okay with my newest purchase?

I have 38 flights so far and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my inspire 1. I do have a flytrex on order though just in case LOL. As of now I do not regret my purchase and would buy one again if needed.

Are you kidding me?
This is 1 of my best buys:D
I ran out and purchased an imac, just to compliment my baby.
The i1 is simply the greatest :)
The p3 is fir kids
The i1 is for men.
Firmware stuff ahhh if you can handle the p3
You'll be fine

In answer to your last question: NOBODY!!!!

Reactions: slim.slamma
Learn how to fly the inspire in Atti mode just in case of a fly away..flipping the switch will save your beehind! 12 flights on mine..no problems.

Are you kidding me?
This is 1 of my best buys:D
I ran out and purchased an imac, just to compliment my baby.
The i1 is simply the greatest :)
The p3 is fir kids
The i1 is for men.
Firmware stuff ahhh if you can handle the p3
You'll be fine
What dont you like about the p3..you wanna sell it to me?

At first, I was quite worried about the fly-away stories, but with the increasing number of flights and newer firmwares, I was actually feeling quite comfortable with the Inspire. It handles fantastically, nothing to do with Phantom, and pictures are great.

That is, until this weekend, where I had the Inspire becoming uncontrollable and completely erratic after 4 minutes of flying. My biggest scare was not the damage to the drone, but an uncontrolled drone flying through a neighbourhood with houses and cars.

Overall the drone is extremely good, but until there is an explanation why and when these fly-aways happen, I would consider it a latent risk that can always happen at any moment. I.e. plan your flights accordingly (makes sense anyway to not take risks while flying with a 6 pound drone) and always be prepared to switch to manual mode (which also means that you should check before take-off whether DJI has switched of your multiple flight mode option like they apparently do after firmware upgrades).

I still like the Inspire a lot, but if mine gets repaired I will definitely only be flying in verrrrrry open areas until I understand the cause of the fly-aways.

^ just one of the several examples why I packed up my Inspire 1 and returned it today. My wallet isn't big enough to easily gamble $3K "flying" out the window.

Reactions: Whodatdere
Absolutely love my Inspire. Have flown 91 flights and it has been a flawless flying machine. I am maticulous with going thru my checklist before each flight but that is only because I am what many would regard as a "senior" flyer. Still gets the pulse rate up with every flight. Nearly always fly away from buildings etc.
I have had the occasional "disconnect" from the pilot app but it always comes back after a few seconds and doesn't effect control of the Inspire.
If you be careful you will never regret it.

Reactions: Black Sky
Owned since January, 98 flights thus far with 1 fly away just last week during beach vacation. Immediately after takeoff (2nd battery, same location as 1st battery, flew 4 batteries day before from same spot) got a pop up message about "upgrade....", instantly no response to controls, including in Atti mode, then she just took off, complete loss of visual and controls, waited wondering what happened and where she flew away to but about 5 minutes later (felt like eternity) she appeared out of nowhere and returned home. I see her as a Supermodel with stunning beautiful looks and absolute dream to fly but don't be surprised if one day she flys away, lucky for me, this time, she decided to come back home!

Last edited:
Owned since January, 98 flights thus far with 1 fly away just last week during beach vacation. Immediately after takeoff (2nd battery, same location as 1st battery, flew 4 batteries day before from same spot) got a pop up message about "upgrade....", instantly no response to controls, including in Atti mode, then she just took off, complete loss of visual and controls, waited wondering what happened and where she flew away to but about 5 minutes later (felt like eternity) she appeared out of nowhere and returned home. I see her as a Supermodel with stunning beautiful looks and absolute dream to fly but don't be surprised if one day she flys away, lucky for me, this time, she decided to come back home!
How far did she fly away. Can you review your flight log?

Was that a firmware upgrade warning? That's a scary situation but an almost miraculous outcome. I wonder if she has another boyfriend and went to play around in the sky with him for a while? ;)

As Gregg says it would be really interesting to see the flight log -- what *did* the aircraft think it was doing?

And more to the point there was absolutely nothing you could do (barring trying to shoot the aircraft down).

Andy.

How far did she fly away. Can you review your flight log?

Not far but luckily it went up to 110 meters which helped to clear nearby hotel buildings. Flight record shows it flying all over the place.

Was that a firmware upgrade warning? That's a scary situation but an almost miraculous outcome. I wonder if she has another boyfriend and went to play around in the sky with him for a while? ;)

As Gregg says it would be really interesting to see the flight log -- what *did* the aircraft think it was doing?

And more to the point there was absolutely nothing you could do (barring trying to shoot the aircraft down).

Andy.

Don't recall the exact alert message but it had something to do with Update or Upgrade something...then immediately lost full control. It was an unnerving situation.

Did you have multiple flight mode enabled in the app?
Whilst doing your pre-flight checklist what were your mod values immediately prior to take off?
Did you compass calibrate over sand? (Bad idea)?
Did the aircraft exhibit circular motions with no stick input?

Did you have multiple flight mode enabled in the app?
Whilst doing your pre-flight checklist what were your mod values immediately prior to take off?
Did you compass calibrate over sand? (Bad idea)?
Did the aircraft exhibit circular motions with no stick input?

Yes multi flight mode enabled.
I did not check mod values before takeoff. I do not check mod values before every takeoff.
Compass calibrated on sidewalk.
Yes, circular, half moon motion before taking off in straight line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips