Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What's the largest mobile monitor device one can put on the inspire one controllor?

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how big an ipad the remote controller can hold? Is there like a sweet spot size? I got a duel controller system coming (One of these daze says B & H) and since I gotta purchase two it would be nice to get some insight from current users (lucky you!) on what device they are using and hows it workin' out for ya.

Can anybody tell me how big an ipad the remote controller can hold? Is there like a sweet spot size? I got a duel controller system coming (One of these daze says B & H) and since I gotta purchase two it would be nice to get some insight from current users (lucky you!) on what device they are using and hows it workin' out for ya.

This info has been posted several times but the max physical extension of the tablet holder is 170 mm, which just fits the iPad Air or iPad Air2. Obviously, the iPad mini 2 or 3 will fit. Some have asked if the iPad 4 (older than the iPad Air or Air2) will fit and the answer is no. It's 186 mm wide.
So get our your wallet and head down to the Apple store or wherever and get ready to spend some serious coin. :eek:

BTW, DJI recommends that any iOS device have at least the A7 processor for reduced latency in the video feed. The Air has A7, the Air 2 has A8x (Faaast!). WiFi only is fine, since RC has GPS built in, unless you want cellular for other purposes. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Wiski23
This info has been posted several times but the max physical extension of the tablet holder is 170 mm, which just fits the iPad Air or iPad Air2. Obviously, the iPad mini 2 or 3 will fit. Some have asked if the iPad 4 (older than the iPad Air or Air2) will fit and the answer is no. It's 186 mm wide.
So get our your wallet and head down to the Apple store or wherever and get ready to spend some serious coin. :eek:

BTW, DJI recommends that any iOS device have at least the A7 processor for reduced latency in the video feed. The Air has A7, the Air 2 has A8x (Faaast!). WiFi only is fine, since RC has GPS built in, unless you want cellular for other purposes. Hope this helps.

What's a few more bucks for this thing to get off the ground.....literally. Looks like two ipad air 2's is the ticket. Thanx Quadpilot. (And for pointing out I ain't payng attention.) I got 2 six plus's that should work, but more screen the better Izz think.

Last edited:
What's a few more bucks for this thing to get off the ground.....literally. Looks like two ipad air 2's is the ticket. Thanx Quadpilot. (And for pointing out I ain't payng attention.) I got 2 six plus's that should work, but more screen the better Izz think.

Glad I could help. If you're itching to spend some more money, I have some very good ideas I'd like to run by you. :D

Id personally use the mini. The size is perfect imo and does not make the controller super unbalanced or awkward. Jmo.

Id personally use the mini. The size is perfect imo and does not make the controller super unbalanced or awkward. Jmo.
Mini does not work, has to be mini 2 or higher... I tried and high latency makes it impossible to use. Pixels and lag galore.... Searching for an air refurb as we speak

I assumed you knew it had two be a mini 2 or higher I was simply referring to the size

Ultra310x Uzz got me rethinking it. I don't know I got big hands, but I can appreciate the importance of aesthetics. The facts are that an A8X chip is quite an important choice as an upgrade if your not taking no shorts.

Glad I could help. If you're itching to spend some more money, I have some very good ideas I'd like to run by you. :D
I open to all pimp ideas. Lets do this thing right. I'm about to order another one but lets see and hope I don't spin crash and burn. Pimp would be two birds though huh?

IM 6ft 260 I have pretty large hands myself. I personally would not want anything larger. and the video transmission has been buttery smooth no stutter or anything. so I think the a7 handles it quite well. Maybe just buy from best buy or frys or costco so if you want to you can echange one for the other. if need be.

I open to all pimp ideas. Lets do this thing right. I'm about to order another one but lets see and hope I don't spin crash and burn. Pimp would be two birds though huh?
I have two the others still in the box un opened lol yep theres something wrong with me o_O

I have a 10.5" galaxy tab S it only fits with the Samsung case on. Because the case folds down and locks onto the controller.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I assumed you knew it had two be a mini 2 or higher I was simply referring to the size
I use the Mini 3 and it really is the perfect size. It looks and feels like it was made for this. I debated over this or air 2 and happened to be in Verizon Store and they had 200 dollars off the mini 3. My mind was maid up and I am very pleased with it. I don't think bigger would of added anything to the equation.

I connected my 60 inch TV the other week. I tried mounting it on the RC but it just wouldn't fit... So I settled with my trustee air 2.

Hey I did the same ended up paragliding up there with my Inspire, because of the sunshade. Lol :)

Reactions: sirnikolas
  • ...if you twitch down apps and run old FW (AND OLD APP too), best screen and no lag is 12.2 samsung note pro.
  • Android by the way, IMHO once you go 12.2, there's no way you downgrade to Ipad, mini or not.
  • HD and crisp image screen, 12.2, only better if you get hands on a HEADPLAY googles, or attach some 55ish screen to the remote, excuse the pun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters