Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Where can I fly?

Tim

Reaction score
Website
aerial.crystalmark.co.uk
Hi all,

I've been asked to provide a management summary of UK UAV law. I've tried to keep it simple (idiot/manager proof) but if any of you kind soles would take 2 minutes to read and comment, I'd be very grateful.

I'm really not keen to give duff information.

Can I fly my drone?

This company had interpreted the rules so they can fly and film over their own land without a PFAW. I'm trying to tell them otherwise without coming over like I'm selling myself.

Thanks, Tim

Just had a quick read 'on the go'.

PFAW holders still have to fly within the 'bubble'. The PFAW is a standard permission for some stated CAA 'permission required' conditions but 400' VLOS, 50m from objects etc still apply. There is no requirement to have written waiver to get people/places under your control. It's 30m not 20m for takeoff and landing people distance. Under your control can be closer.

Reactions: Tim
Just had a quick read 'on the go'.

PFAW holders still have to fly within the 'bubble'. The PFAW is a standard permission for some stated CAA 'permission required' conditions but 400' VLOS, 50m from objects etc still apply. There is no requirement to have written waiver to get people/places under your control. It's 30m not 20m for takeoff and landing people distance. Under your control can be closer.
Thanks IrishSights, I've amended the distance to 30m and taken out the signed permission. I'm after an online definition of Under Pilot's Control to link to. Only one I know of is in my Operations Manual and I'd rather not link to that.

Reactions: JJ-UK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin