Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Camera/Image Settings and Options

Reaction score
Hi guys, is there such a thing as a table or chart to explain to the layman the equivalents of 1080 HD and 4k and such? On the Phantom it was easy, but the Inspire 2 doesn't seem to as user friendly or as easy to pick the quality you would want. Can someone also give me directions on how to choose the different fps. Thank you very much

Reactions: MrTVR
What camera are you running on your Inspire 2 as that will determine what resolution modes and frame rates will be available to you?

To change your resolution mode or frame rate you will tap on the "Camera Settings" icon which is just underneath the shutter butter on the far right of the screen in GO4. Below is a screenshot of the Video and Photo settings menu.

Ratio: 16:9 is the most universal and a "standard" aspect ratio

FPS: Depending on your selection for resolution, you will have different FPS options. See "Selecting Resolution/Frame Size" below.

SSD vs SD: If you are not using a CINESSD to shoot ProRes or CDNG you will not need to worry about the SSD area, solely the SD which is where you are making your selections for media that is being written to your Micro SD.

H.264 v H.265 Codec: Simply said, H.265 is a newer video codec that allows for greater compression without effecting quality. H.264 sticks around as not all systems are up to speed with H.265.

Selecting Resolution/Frame Size: In the screenshot below, next to the H264 you will see the resolution. In the screenshot it is set at 4K (3840x2160). You can change your resolution as preferred. Different resolutions have different frame rates (FPS). So, when changing the resolution you will have new FPS options up top. Most common would be 1080p and 60 FPS in H264 with a 16:9 aspect ratio.

I2 Resolution Options.jpg

This should greatly help to provide a lay of the land in Inspire 2. Feel free to leave any further questions here. Safe flying! :cool:

Reactions: Moaf
What camera are you running on your Inspire 2 as that will determine what resolution modes and frame rates will be available to you?

To change your resolution mode or frame rate you will tap on the "Camera Settings" icon which is just underneath the shutter butter on the far right of the screen in GO4. Below is a screenshot of the Video and Photo settings menu.

Ratio: 16:9 is the most universal and a "standard" aspect ratio

FPS: Depending on your selection for resolution, you will have different FPS options. See "Selecting Resolution/Frame Size" below.

SSD vs SD: If you are not using a CINESSD to shoot ProRes or CDNG you will not need to worry about the SSD area, solely the SD which is where you are making your selections for media that is being written to your Micro SD.

H.264 v H.265 Codec: Simply said, H.265 is a newer video codec that allows for greater compression without effecting quality. H.264 sticks around as not all systems are up to speed with H.265.

Selecting Resolution/Frame Size: In the screenshot below, next to the H264 you will see the resolution. In the screenshot it is set at 4K (3840x2160). You can change your resolution as preferred. Different resolutions have different frame rates (FPS). So, when changing the resolution you will have new FPS options up top. Most common would be 1080p and 60 FPS in H264 with a 16:9 aspect ratio.

View attachment 18597

This should greatly help to provide a lay of the land in Inspire 2. Feel free to leave any further questions here. Safe flying! :cool:
Very helpful, thank you very much

Reactions: Advexure
Also, I may recommend revising the title of this thread to something like "I2 Camera/Image Settings and Options" so that it represents subject of the question and information provided for others to find as well. (@The Editor)
By all means, if I could do it I would, your is a better heading

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo