Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Who Has Inspire 2 Parts? Gimbal Mount Plate With Cables

My i2 is getting looked at due to a camera sensor error. I'm sure they may have to replace this exact same module your talking about.

Why are you replacing it?

Do you know how hard it is to replace this part? Is there any videos on this anyone knows about?

Do you know how hard it is to replace this part? Is there any videos on this anyone knows about?

Not too bad of a part to replace. DJI does not publicly release repair videos, there could be third party videos out there. Do keep in mind that repairs by non-DJI Certified Technicians will void warranty. If it's not something you are comfortable with I would recommend sending it in or having a DJI certified technician complete the repair. It's not worth causing further damage if something were to go wrong in a self-repair but that decision is up to you if you are confident. :)

I've seen a video of a guy that seems to really know what he's doing. And he has the i2 completely torn apart. The actual flight mainframe is completely removed from the body. And it looks like he opens up the mainframe computer. This looked like he was replacing the wires leading into the computer tho.
If I'm correct, replacing only the gimbal mount would not require this kind of tare down as the wires are a quick disconnect on both the gimbal mount and imu?

So it looks like the replacement gimbal mount can be replaced without breaking down the whole unit? I think that because it looks like it's a "plug and play" module? Just remove the rubber knobby vibration thingies and disassemble he top of he mount to expose e plug in wires?? Please help! I've been without video for a week now.

Sorry. This repair is due to a camera sensor error. Im just assuming the sensor is the mount?

Sorry. This repair is due to a camera sensor error. Im just assuming the sensor is the mount?
Not necessarily. It may be a camera sensor error itself. The aircraft isn't intelligent enough to differentiate between a sensor (CMOS) readout error or missing data due to a cable break - it only knows a signal is absent.

Hi @delucenay – We've seen reports of the Camera Sensor Error a couple times and if I recall on one occasion a reload of the firmware cured the error and on another occasion the unit was sent in for warranty service at the DJI Service Center.

@The Editor makes a very good point and it is hard to pinpoint whether it is an CMOS error in the sensor itself or a communication error through Vibration Board's camera control signal cable into the Main Controller and Central Board.

While replacing the Vibration Board would be a simple solution it may not alone target the error.

Thanks for responding quickly! My error came up after the drone fell off my table on side grass. The camera slung back and bounced off the gimbal plate. That is why I'm wondering if the camera sensor is IN the gimbal mount? And is the new mount just a plug-n-play so to speak?

Once again. Thank you for your time. My local authorized repair is going to replace this gimbal mount for around $230 in one week. Not bad seeing that the replacement costs $90. But wondering if If I could buy it off eBay next day deliver and have it flying by Friday?

Any input is extremely helpful. Thank you for all your time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsrewari1