Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why I am staying with the original props...

The new system should have still been threaded in the prop and the locking bit added. This would have been 100% safe and secure. I was not happy at the 4 plastic lugs in the prop keeping everything up in the air.

Reactions: ropewalker
I am sticking to the old props and prop locks. It just seems to me to be a more failsafe system. But my main reason is that I never take the props off. Mine transports with props on so the only time the props come off is to do something with the simulator or a few other times that I want the aircraft switched on inside etc. But the word "Quick Release" is only relevant if you want to quickly release the props and I don't so the old system is far better for me. I just hope I can still get props and prop locks into the future. Incidentally, someone in this thread said that the new props are different. What is the difference ? Just the centre release mechanism - or is the propellor itself changed from the older ones?

This reason alone is why my original props have value and will not be offered cheap!

This is only one reason why personally I am sticking with the original threaded props and prop locks.

Whilst in this instance it is probable a collision caused the fracture, the same thing could happen over time with stress cracks resulting ultimately in a total failure.

The original prop system while taking a few seconds longer to mount and unmount the props, affords two levels of security...... The self tightening threads and then the prop locks. Anyone who knows multirotor craft knows that redundancy is only a good thing!!

The scary pic.... :eek: (not my QR plate..... I don't use them)
092627crxxj1kyro9g1xzb.jpg

Woah, ultra scary! I was just about to grab those..... looks like the only thing likely to happen quickly is your investment going down the drain lol

however, i didn't see the clip locks for the self-tightening props for sale on the dji site. Anybody know of an alternative source? or am i missing it somewhere? do they come with the props?

thanks,

BSC

I agree with a lot that has been said here. However, my understanding is that DJI recommends the use of the new props... What is their reasoning for this? Is it that they believe it's safer?

With a bit of help from my spotter, I managed to enter a tree canopy with the inspire, 3 props broke but rather more worrying one was missing altogether when I recovered it. Had been flying all morning before that and there were no marks on the adaptor. Fitted with a set of old props and bought a couple of spare sets just in case they become scarce. I reckon no more than a minute extra time.

I agree with a lot that has been said here. However, my understanding is that DJI recommends the use of the new props... What is their reasoning for this? Is it that they believe it's safer?
Money!
The new props have a lifespan of around 200 flights so they are a consumable.

It may have been mentioned before, but could any of you refresh me/us on the benefits of the new props?
Is the only real difference the fact that they are more convenient?
I remember reading that they are quieter, the Inspire may fly faster and are made of a more rigid material making the drone more stable...
Yes, no? I am under the impression that new props were made as an upgrade?

I believe that these questions should be answered by DJI directly. We deserve an explanation from DJI. I have not seen one yet, but that doesn't mean that there doesn't already exist one somewhere out there.

I would say that if we don't have an official explanation of why DJI is recommending these props over the originals with the prop locks, that we all demand one from them. Because anything less than an explanation from DJI leaves us wondering about the safety of the new props.

I'm still trying to figure out how the new props are more safe...

I will defenitly stay with the Original props.Allready ordered 4 set's from my dealer.Thankfully I still fly my first set.

I opened a case with DJI. One of the techs said that the issue isn't necessarily that the screw on props screw off in flight, but rather, the scew on props can suddenly pop off in flight.

I believe that these questions should be answered by DJI directly. We deserve an explanation from DJI. I have not seen one yet, but that doesn't mean that there doesn't already exist one somewhere out there.

I would say that if we don't have an official explanation of why DJI is recommending these props over the originals with the prop locks, that we all demand one from them. Because anything less than an explanation from DJI leaves us wondering about the safety of the new props.

I'm still trying to figure out how the new props are more safe...

Hey y'all. So I went into my local hobby shop to see if they could get me some of the digi props, and he complained about stock shortages. We also got into the fact that the inspire has to use these exclusive blades, when other systems happily use APC blades with a great deal of success. He also claimed that a slight more give on the blade would improve longevity. Remarked on how rigid the plastics are and even more so about the carbons (i have a set).

Anyway, he suggested I look into prop adapters so I could do that, as APC props are far easier to come by and are available in the 1345 category. Have any of you guys any thoughts about this? Is there a prop adapter out there for this purpose? Will doing so void the inspire warranty (my cynical guess would be yes lol).

Anyway, would love to hear some thoughts.

BSC

I opened a case with DJI. One of the techs said that the issue isn't necessarily that the screw on props screw off in flight, but rather, the scew on props can suddenly pop off in flight.
Are you talking about the original threaded props here? If so, how are they going to 'pop' off with prop locks in place?

Last edited:
You guys are luck if your dealers have old props. I am a dealer and have not been able to get any since the start-mid of May, since then all props for inspire were switched over to quick release. Comeon Graupner make some awesome props!!

You guys are luck if your dealers have old props. I am a dealer and have not been able to get any since the start-mid of May, since then all props for inspire were switched over to quick release. Comeon Graupner make some awesome props!!

DJI have them for sale online. Just ordered 6...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry