Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Will disconnecting the barometric altimeter enable 500+m altitude

The I1 can fly up to 4500m altitude. It is limited to a maximum of 500m above the takeoff point. Why would any sensible person want to fly higher. In many countries it is illegal/against the law/verborten to fly higher than 120m/400ft for safety reasons and airspace segregation. There is enough bad press against our aircraft. Don't add to it, please.

Will disconnecting the barometric altimeter enable 500+m altitude on the inspire 1?

Yes it will. You will get pretty much unlimited flight height. While you're at it, unplug the GPS and compass as well. That will enable you to fly faster and smoother.

I also heard if you unplug the antenna from the aircraft, you can fly farther than 50,000ft.

Give it a shot and let us know.

My intention is to reach the summet of a mountain which is over 500m high ( I guess it's around 700m tops) from the take off point. The current limit of 500m doesn't allow me to do this.

Yes it will. You will get pretty much unlimited flight height. While you're at it, unplug the GPS and compass as well. That will enable you to fly faster and smoother.

I also heard if you unplug the antenna from the aircraft, you can fly farther than 50,000ft.

Give it a shot and let us know.

Your just being silly, this is a serious question.

One thing I did was going to the top of a hill and went flying down.There is no limit on this.Otherwise stay low there's allready more then enough bad publicity.

Last edited:
Reactions: lake_flyer
The barometric sensor is the ONE thing you just DON'T want to disable. It's the only thing left in Atti mode to stabilise flight (apart from the inertial measurement unit). The quad will revert to 100% manual when you disable it, if it even passes the startup sequence. i don't think it will operate at all that way.

Just do it in a few runs, starting from the ground and a second and third a few hundred meters higher. Cut that to one movie.

My intention is to reach the summet of a mountain which is over 500m high ( I guess it's around 700m tops) from the take off point. The current limit of 500m doesn't allow me to do this.
Your just being silly, this is a serious question.

Please don't ask advice for illegal operation on this forum. (It should be in the forum rules, if not already there, I guess). You will get answers you don't like, from people who simply want to follow the rules, and would like to see others do also.
Yes. like me.

The Inspire1 is a bit beyond the hobby world so you see a lot of serious users here, many are professional RPAS licensed. We're talking about a emerging kind of serious aviation industry. Nobody wants to see that spoiled by dare devils.

Picture a smily here if you like, but I'm still serious.
Ok then, there ya go :)

Reactions: InspiredOne
Every time I see a post like this, obviously disregarding common sense, potentially putting others at risk...it depresses me to no end. Follow the basic rules. We are not supposed to fly over 400 feet high...we are supposed to keep our craft in line of sight. You are going to ruin this for everyone. I am seriously considering selling my Inspire because of idiots who think they have the right to do whatever they want with their craft. Because of people like this, it is inevitable that something horrible will happen...this is a tragic shame.
People do stupid **** with their cars every day! Are you going to sell your car soon?

When people do stupid **** with their cars they loose THEIR drivers license. Not mine..you do it with your drone ur screwing it up for all the responsible pilots!!!! Conversation over!!

Reactions: InspiredOne
I made my comment based on someone saying they were thinking of selling their i1 because others were doing stupid **** with their i1's. So I asked if he was going to sell his car based on his logic. I get such a kick out of you guys! lmfao!

i think its best for me to go to the top and hover the drone down! I must admit this things is amazing compared to my first drone the parrot ar drone!!!

Reactions: lake_flyer
If your going to be angry and sad and stress out over the stupidity of others and what might happen I would recommend selling everything, move to Alaska and go off grid where you might have a little piece of mind.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
i think its best for me to go to the top and hover the drone down! I must admit this things is amazing compared to my first drone the parrot ar drone!!!
Just like I said.This was my solution when I was trying to do the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop