Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Windows 10 frequently removing DJI Camera RAW Exporter DLL files

Reaction score
Website
goldenskybirds.com
Hey guys, recently found that after lates update on our windows 10 workstation the app for importing the RAW DNG's is removed or broken, the error I get is that some dll files are missing and to try to find them in windows update but it can't of course. After I reinstall the app it works great for a few days but after that the app icon disappears, goes blank and it all goes back to the same error of missing files. I suppose it's windows's own protection (the UAC) and wonder if some one else faced the same problem and what you did to stop the force removal of the app's files?

Hey guys, recently found that after lates update on our windows 10 workstation the app for importing the RAW DNG's is removed or broken, the error I get is that some dll files are missing and to try to find them in windows update but it can't of course. After I reinstall the app it works great for a few days but after that the app icon disappears, goes blank and it all goes back to the same error of missing files. I suppose it's windows's own protection (the UAC) and wonder if some one else faced the same problem and what you did to stop the force removal of the app's files?
I would look at your antivirus software. If you're using MSE, certain files may have to be whitelisted. I have a couple such programs installed on my HP Workstation.

Go here:

Settings->Update & Security->Windows Security->Virus & Thread Protection->Protection History.

Check the list to see if anything looks suspect. Depending on settings, MSE may quietly and automatically block files it deems "dangerous." Since I deal with a lot of third-party "hacking" programs, I have mine set to notify me before taking any action.

1692107026678.png

I don't use any third-party antivirus programs because I find them too resource heavy, often either perpetually accessing the hard drive or using up to 30% CPU while the machine is supposedly doing nothing.

When idling, your Task Manager should look like this:
1692107220134.png

I hope this helps. Good luck.

D

Reactions: niki
Thanks @Donnie Frank ! Nothing related is present in the protection history tab, latest thing there is blocked app back from 2021. Usually if something wrong is found I get notification in the task bar's security icon asking for action to be taken but there's nothing and something is removing those files.

Next time it disappears I'll dig in to it more before reinstalling.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
So this is the window that pops up, it seems windows is looking to download the app from the temporary folder where it was extracted prior installing.
dji_exporter.jpg

On details it report this thing:
Code:
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows             : 10.0.19045.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.42000
    System.Deployment.dll         : 4.8.9176.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
    clr.dll             : 4.8.9167.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
    dfdll.dll             : 4.8.9176.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
    dfshim.dll             : 10.0.19041.30000 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
    Deployment url            : file:///C:/Users/Niki/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Internet%20Explorer/Quick%20Launch/User%20Pinned/TaskBar/DJI%20Camera%20Exporter.appref-ms%7C

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Users\Niki\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\DJI Camera Exporter.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Downloading file:///C:/Users/Niki/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX00.844/DjiCameraExporter.application did not succeed.
        + Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Niki\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EX00.844\DjiCameraExporter.application'.
        + Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Niki\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EX00.844\DjiCameraExporter.application'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [8/19/2023 9:53:51 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\Niki\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\DJI Camera Exporter.appref-ms| has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [8/19/2023 9:53:51 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
        - Downloading file:///C:/Users/Niki/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX00.844/DjiCameraExporter.application did not succeed.
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
            at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
            at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState, X509Certificate2 clientCertificate)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifest(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
            at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.Net.WebException
        - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Niki\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EX00.844\DjiCameraExporter.application'.
        - Source: System
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
            at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.Net.WebException
        - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Niki\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EX00.844\DjiCameraExporter.application'.
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
            at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
        - Source: mscorlib
        - Stack trace:
            at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
            at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
            at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
            at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
            at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

This time I reinstalled the app from a speciffic folder and I'll keep that folder for a time to see if this affects the start of the app. The startup icon of the app is not a shortcut but app reference so there are no paths or files listed in it's properties to trace where the program is installed but I found where the app is actually from the task manager.

C:\Users\Niki\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\V96W25PG.1E7\ZQPT5W4X.WEQ\djic..tion_e7d59a5fef768c67_0001.0000_2d17e968a6495dfe\

A strange place indeed, instead of puting it in Program Files folder or whatever folder with some normal name that makes sense what this is.

My teory for now is that windows process is removing the app or some of the app's files for some reason, it could be just updating of some libraries with newer version that the app cannot recognize because it's very old or simply removal of some suspicious files without notifying the owner, some new windows policy for dangerous and unknown software.

So this is the window that pops up, it seems windows is looking to download the app from the temporary folder where it was extracted prior installing.
View attachment 33943

On details it report this thing:
Code:
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows             : 10.0.19045.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.42000
    System.Deployment.dll         : 4.8.9176.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
    clr.dll             : 4.8.9167.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
    dfdll.dll             : 4.8.9176.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
    dfshim.dll             : 10.0.19041.30000 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
    Deployment url            : file:///C:/Users/Niki/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Internet%20Explorer/Quick%20Launch/User%20Pinned/TaskBar/DJI%20Camera%20Exporter.appref-ms%7C

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Users\Niki\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\DJI Camera Exporter.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Downloading file:///C:/Users/Niki/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX00.844/DjiCameraExporter.application did not succeed.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [8/19/2023 9:53:51 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\Niki\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\DJI Camera Exporter.appref-ms| has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [8/19/2023 9:53:51 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
        - Downloading file:///C:/Users/Niki/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX00.844/DjiCameraExporter.application did not succeed.
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
            at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState, X509Certificate2 clientCertificate)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifest(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
            at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.Net.WebException
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.Net.WebException
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
        - Source: mscorlib
        - Stack trace:
            at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
            at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
            at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
            at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

This time I reinstalled the app from a speciffic folder and I'll keep that folder for a time to see if this affects the start of the app. The startup icon of the app is not a shortcut but app reference so there are no paths or files listed in it's properties to trace where the program is installed but I found where the app is actually from the task manager.

C:\Users\Niki\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\V96W25PG.1E7\ZQPT5W4X.WEQ\djic..tion_e7d59a5fef768c67_0001.0000_2d17e968a6495dfe\

A strange place indeed, instead of puting it in Program Files folder or whatever folder with some normal name that makes sense what this is.

My teory for now is that windows process is removing the app or some of the app's files for some reason, it could be just updating of some libraries with newer version that the app cannot recognize because it's very old or simply removal of some suspicious files without notifying the owner, some new windows policy for dangerous and unknown software.
I always download and store executables in a DATA file on a DATA drive (separate from the OS drive). And then run the executable from that location.

1692555342932.png

I have never allowed Windows (or any browser) to use the "Downloads" folder, which goes deep into the file tree where no human dare venture.

I would start there.

D

So I found that the app is not deleted. All files are still in the folder it was installed and it runs as expected.
So the problem seems to be that by some reason the app’s shortcut is looking for the app in Microsoft store after some time. So something happens with the app link and not the app.
I’ve simply made a regular shortcut and deleted the app link that is created during the installation, now the app isn’t missing anymore.

Hey, I had a similar issue. Try running the app as an administrator. Also, check if your antivirus or security software is interfering. You can also manually download the missing DLL files from reputable sources and place them in the app's folder. Hope this helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope