Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wish Everyone a Happy New Year and big warning

Reaction score
wish everyone a happy new year.
Mine started with a slight disaster as my inspire experienced it first fly away today.
I think I know the reason and want to warn all users of the latest DJI go app, it seems to have very big problems with pop up notifications. I was going to shoot New Year's firework, when the first messages through Line and iMessage to come in and suddenly my go app along with my master remote were gone, no RC signal nothing. The drone, due to cloudy condition no GPS flew away. Luckily after battery drained it set to the return home point (I changed flight height to 120m). After I saw the drone again I was able to re-connect and control it, but new messages caused same failure again. So I switched to airplane mode and returned my inspire manually.
Advise to all users, use a device which has no messaging service or push notifications. I did not had such problems with previous app versions. Be aware.
My go app, inspire, remote and battery are newest version.

wish everyone a happy new year.
Mine started with a slight disaster as my inspire experienced it first fly away today.
I think I know the reason and want to warn all users of the latest DJI go app, it seems to have very big problems with pop up notifications. I was going to shoot New Year's firework, when the first messages through Line and iMessage to come in and suddenly my go app along with my master remote were gone, no RC signal nothing. The drone, due to cloudy condition no GPS flew away. Luckily after battery drained it set to the return home point (I changed flight height to 120m). After I saw the drone again I was able to re-connect and control it, but new messages caused same failure again. So I switched to airplane mode and returned my inspire manually.
Advise to all users, use a device which has no messaging service or push notifications. I did not had such problems with previous app versions. Be aware.
My go app, inspire, remote and battery are newest version.
This is a good point and one of the reasons I always fly with everything in airplane mode. Always have done, always will do.
I have also disabled ALL push notifications in the iOS app - I have never needed them nor will I ever need them. :)

If the app crashes remember to disconnect the mobile device's USB cable. The system is designed to work without one so it's all happy to work standalone if none is connected, but if one is connected and it doesn't respond it can get stuck waiting on it and cause a temporary lack of response to controls.

I always thought is/was best practice to have device on airplane mode. Glad although you got caught out it turned out ok.
Fly safe. Stay lucky.

Reactions: Jamie Chen
I always thought is/was best practice to have device on airplane mode. Glad although you got caught out it turned out ok.
Fly safe. Stay lucky.
It is (although some people simply cant bear to be disconnected from the World Wide Wonder Web or not connected to 'The Matrix' for a few minutes whilst airborne :rolleyes:)

Reactions: Jamie Chen
I always airplane mode my devices when I fly. Preload map and you good to go.

Happy new year and congrats on your inspire safe return home.
Thanks a lot and just decided that I will just use another device which does not have all those messenger apps installed, but DJI should do a better job on validating their apps.

It is (although some people simply cant bear to be disconnected from the World Wide Wonder Web or not connected to 'The Matrix' for a few minutes whilst airborne :rolleyes:)
Haha, I noticed that too. The New Years getting more and more weird. Everyone holding their connected devices instead each other. XD

If the app crashes remember to disconnect the mobile device's USB cable. The system is designed to work without one so it's all happy to work standalone if none is connected, but if one is connected and it doesn't respond it can get stuck waiting on it and cause a temporary lack of response to controls.
that is a good one, I had no luck with restarting the app, so next time I try to disconnect the cable.

Dedicated iPads for me, no wifi or 3/4G on Either of them while flying...! The only thing that either gets used for is billing, but even that is done through my iPhone currently... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah