Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Women pilots

Reaction score
Any other women pilots out there?

My name is Michelle and I received my Inspire 1 on 10 Mar 2015. I had the Phantom 2 prior to that, since Nov 2014. Other than that, I've had some RC aircraft experience, having had a single rotor RC helicopter, and a Piper Cub gas engine RC model. I have a bit of an aviation background, being a skydiving instructor (military and civilian) with 500 skydives, and graduating from the USAF Academy in the '90s.

Welcome to any other ladies out there!

Last edited:
Hi Michelle,
I hope you enjoy using this forum, I know that there are a couple of women who regularly post on here and if you hang around for a bit I'm sure you'll get to know them, as well as the rest of us. I used to read the Phantom Pilots forum but I found that it started descending into a troll-fest with hundreds of people slinging insults at each other for the smallest of reasons. One of the reasons I like this forum so much better is that we seem to have a much better class of troll on here, much more sophisticated and worldly.

I guess the real reason we're all on here, apart from our obvious love of flying expensive hunks of plastic and lithium around the sky is that most of us realize that we are far more intelligent as a collective group of enthusiasts who are able to offer help, tips and advice based on joint experience. I think it is a great community and I for one welcome any member who isn't 3 feet tall, green and lives under a bridge.

One of the reasons I like this forum so much better is that we seem to have a much better class of troll on here, much more sophisticated and worldly.
Part of that reason may be that you have to be a smarter type of troll to be able to have the kind of job that will pay enough for you to afford one of our illustrious whirlybirds...lol...
...with exception "The Jerk" maybe...hehe

I wonder if could get an Inspire to take off inside a plane...if it was in ATTI mode? Then track the jumper down to the ground the whole way...hehe...
Michelle...what is the safe sink rate for somone under a canopy? This could be something to explore this summer...hehe.

Part of that reason may be that you have to be a smarter type of troll to be able to have the kind of job that will pay enough for you to afford one of our illustrious whirlybirds...lol...
haha, You have clearly never seen the Porsche forums.

Sorry to get off topic but if you were to take off in a moving plane with all doors closed, or a moving bus or truck, would you have to fly forward? If the speed of the truck is constant then the air would not move meaning you could just hover? I am a big fan of physics.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry