Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

WTB: X5 for Parts

Reaction score
Looking for an X5 to use as a parts donor, specifically one with an in-tact camera. The gimbal on mine is perfect, camera itself took damage. Thanks!

Welcome to InspirePilots! I'll keep an eye out for an X5 for you.
Hi and thanks for adding me to your marvellous forum I have a huge dilemma I crashed my inspire 1 pro and broke the Gimble part that is next to part that attaches to the bird and I can' find a part anywhere can you please help

Attachments

• 20180325_160523.jpg
    20180325_160523.jpg
    719.3 KB · Views: 15
I ended up selling my broken one and purchasing a functional used one from member here. DJI and the re-sellers don't offer parts, so you could always check eBay. I did find a parts unit and briefly tried to make a good one out of two - it's probably possible, but extremely difficult, and I decided it wasn't worth the work. The cables in it run in one piece from top to bottom, so there's not a good place to take it apart from... it's not nearly as modular as the aircraft itself. I'd say do what I did... put the damaged camera on eBay (they go for a few hundred, I think I paid around $350 for a broken one!!!) and put the funds towards a working one - I got a much better deal from a really great member here than I could find on eBay. Good luck!

Thank very much for you advice and I might have to do that
I have the unit with a company that will fix it but between us we cannot get the parts
Its hard to believe that this day and age that we cannot get parts
Thanks again for your advice

Thank very much for you advice and I might have to do that
I have the unit with a company that will fix it but between us we cannot get the parts
Its hard to believe that this day and age that we cannot get parts
Thanks again for your advice
dji dont really sell parts the want the repair work.

mine went in for repair, no available parts for the X5. You will be surprised how affordable DJI is for the repair on the X5.

I fix x3 cameras all the time since they are cheap and they are easy to come by for spare parts. It is very easy to mix 2 x3 cameras and get a good one (if bad parts arent common of course lol). 2x broken yaw arms wont help you much.

As for the X4, the Yaw arm for example is $90 online if you're lucky and can find one. DJI quoted it at $20 + labor.

All in all they took my X5 camera with crash damage and got it back up and running, calibrated etc for under $400.
I had the following issues: (i will look up the invoice when i get to my desk)
- broken yaw arm $20
- broken yaw motor (weak point as shown in pics above) $25
- broken roll motor assembly $35
- broken data cable $40
- labor was around 3-4 hours

Bottom line, if you have gimbal/motor related issues, don't waste your time experimenting with such an expensive camera, you may get lucky but you may also get burned buying people's scrap on ebay (water damage, crash damage, etc). The camera unit is the most valuable if it is still intact/working before the crash and not water damaged.

To the OP, the camera unit is worth the most in the package, so in your case, you may be SOL repair wise. The gimbal is worth very little in comparison.
Your best option to the OP is most likely a used working X5 camera without the lens. Some goof sellers on here may have a unit for you.
Additionally, ebay has been throwing a lot of good 15% - 20% off deal promos lately so you can save up to $100 off any item.

Well I sent it to DJI Holland and got it back 10 day turn around for 200euro ,it's like new now I'm really happy
Thanks guys for all your input

Glad to hear that
I had a very good experience with my x5 as well through Dji.

Glad to hear that
I had a very good experience with my x5 as well through Dji.
It's definitely the way to go allrite and if this info could be bumped up for easy viewing to members who need a repair job done I'm sure it would be helpful

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris.thedude