Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X3 Camera Better than P4 or Mavic?

Reaction score
I fly primarily to capture marketable video. I have a Mavic and a Phantom 3, but looking for something with a bit better video quality. In reviewing the Mavic Pro, the Phantom 4 and the Inspire 1 with X3 camera, they seem to have the same camera components... 1/2.3" imaging chip, 12MP. I really love the Mavic for its stealthy nature, but the video quality is just not there for any real commercial use. In looking at the Phantom 4 and the Inspire with X3 camera, I don't see much difference in the camera specs. I guess what I'm asking, is there something about the stock X3 camera that will give me noticeably better video than a Mavic Pro or Phantom 4? Or are they really just the same camera in different wrappers?

Reactions: tailwindproductions
Basically the same,different fields of view. The i1 and the p4 both have a 94 degree for where the Mavic has a 78.8 degree for,but the thing you have to remember with the i1 is that you can upgrade to better cameras down the road without having to buy another drone. They all have the same bitrate at 60 mbps.If you do not care about upgrading to a zoom camera or a higher res camera in the future I’d go with the p4p with its 1”sensor and 4 k 60 FPS 84 degree field of view with a bitrate of 100 mbps.

Reactions: Drone Master
The lens of the X3 has one major glitch.
When doing full horizontal shots, you will notice a slight roll in the horizon.
It appears that the land has a hill in the center of the image when in fact it is flat terrain. I own 2 I1’s with the stock X3 and they both have the same problem. I believe that this issue has been discussed within this forum some where.

The lens of the X3 has one major glitch.
When doing full horizontal shots, you will notice a slight roll in the horizon.
It appears that the land has a hill in the center of the image when in fact it is flat terrain. I own 2 I1’s with the stock X3 and they both have the same problem. I believe that this issue has been discussed within this forum some where.
The x3 on mine does that also. Sometimes it’s worse than other times which I found odd. Z3 is use doesn’t seem to do it that I have caught yet but I also live in very hilly terrain so sometimes it’s hard to tell. Lol

Reactions: Drone Master
Basically the same,different fields of view. The i1 and the p4 both have a 94 degree for where the Mavic has a 78.8 degree for,but the thing you have to remember with the i1 is that you can upgrade to better cameras down the road without having to buy another drone. They all have the same bitrate at 60 mbps.If you do not care about upgrading to a zoom camera or a higher res camera in the future I’d go with the p4p with its 1”sensor and 4 k 60 FPS 84 degree field of view with a bitrate of 100 mbps.

Some good points. I do understand that the I1 camera can be upgraded, but there's a limit to my budget, and those upgrades cost a few bucks. I already have a lot invested in a number of non-DJI drones and cameras. The bitrate difference is a big deal. I have a BlackMagic Micro Cinema Camera mounted on a self-built hex (Tarot 680), and a Z Cam E1 as backup, but DJI does make solid drones and it's hard to beat their engineering.

Some good points. I do understand that the I1 camera can be upgraded, but there's a limit to my budget, and those upgrades cost a few bucks. I already have a lot invested in a number of non-DJI drones and cameras. The bitrate difference is a big deal. I have a BlackMagic Micro Cinema Camera mounted on a self-built hex (Tarot 680), and a Z Cam E1 as backup, but DJI does make solid drones and it's hard to beat their engineering.
Best bang for your buck on a budget would be the p4p I think. I honestly do not think you would be impressed with the any of the other 1/2.3 sensor cameras with their slower bitrate. Especially what you’re based off of already working with. Either that or an i1 x5r, downfall only 30 FPS in 4K but a average bitrate of 1.7 gbps (2.4gbps max). Or look into the i2 options with its 100 mbps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thefollower