Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4s zoom hack

I no longer have the x4s camera and it was probably just a bug. With my X5s and the focus wheel it works better. Just insert the SD card after stating the AC. Click on the screen for manual focus and it stays stuck in digital zoom. Again works for me depending the situation.
In the end it’s just a bug that work well for close ups

If you start out in MF and tap the screen it should momentarily zoom in. Roll the focus wheel to say digitally zoomed. Now toggle over to AF with the screen still zoomed in. It should be stuck and the video\photo icon locked. If it doesn’t lock keep moving the focus wheel eventually it sticks.
If not switch from MF to AF again. The focus shouldn’t be operational in AF which somehow gets the screen to lock up. Without the focus wheel you need to keep 2 fingers on the screen to get it to lock up.
Let me know if you can record a pic on the SD card or just the Mobil device.
Thanks DJI
Photo mode only

Reactions: Jmann
Tried to replicate what you posted but it didn’t work. I suppose the bug has been debugged.

FD608487-101C-4B16-BDDA-1C2168699054.png
Tried to replicate what you posted but it didn’t work. I suppose the bug has been debugged.
It still works with the X5s. Actually it’s pretty cool with the focus wheel for getting a close up of whatever.

Just turn the wheel to set your focus then switch over to AF while still rotating the knob and BAM the screen stays in zoom. Even if you start out in AF, tap the screen it should zoom in, now turn the focus wheel while it’s punched in. Somehow the app gets confused and the screen stays zoomed in.
Without the focus wheel you need to use 2 fingers on the screen, it’s a little trickier but still works
I’m using prime lens and I appreciate the free zoom still!

With no SD 7040C6C9-15DB-4E5F-A4E0-189028F99CCE.png5ADB0F72-7A20-4683-B4CF-81E7BAA799D0.png04CD414B-8705-40CD-A909-11CAC8F33DED.pngA465A920-634C-4A07-829A-393CF0F644A0.png

The screen shots are in MF/AF

Last edited:
Reactions: Jmann

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips