X5..12mm & 15mm FOV Comparison..

Reaction score
X5..12mm & 15mm.. FOV.. Comparison...
The DJI 15mm lens has a zoomed in effect ... Olympus 12mm has a more normal distance... a good variety of choice for different photos... be careful flying close FPV with the 15mm as it is much harder to judge distance ...

Last edited:
The 12mm seemed to be in focus a lot better. Is this just because of not calibrating it or does it generally focus better?

The 12mm seemed to be in focus a lot better. Is this just because of not calibrating it or does it generally focus better?
Yep your right about the focus protorox... i had the same settings on both lenses... personally... i think the 12mm Olympus is the better lens...

A wider glass will be easier to focus. I wonder how many people will dump the DJI 15mm and get the Olympus 12mm

A wider glass will be easier to focus. I wonder how many people will dump the DJI 15mm and get the Olympus 12mm
I think a lot of photographer's would favour the 12mm... the 15mm would have its place as well ...

Both the 12mm and the 15mm are wide angle lenses. Technically, the 15mm is closer to a normal lens from a photography perspective. It looks like the 15mm was focused past infinity and both appear to be stopped down past their optimum IQ. I don't think this test should be used to dismiss the 15mm, but I agree that the 12mm is probably a better lens for it's intended use.

It was not the best time to do the test (just before dark) .. i was more focused on the different FOV.... just had time to grab these 2 takes... the FOV is important to me... as i do a lot of FPV flying... i have a lot to learn on how to get the best out of these lenses...

Last edited:
12mm is the better lens for sure, a bit sharper and certainly controls flare better, and the fact you just just manual focus to infinity on the lens itself really helps. I had the Panasonic 15mm version which is exactly the same as the DJi (just rebranded). the 15mm will have its place, but personally I much prefer the 12mm. I even chucked a Samyang 7.5mm on the x5 to try and it worked perfectly, obviously ultra wide with the fisheye, doupt it`ll ever get used, but its cool to know it actually works!!