Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 only 60mbps is this a big issue?

The H920 has a big problem. I may be built conform to FCC/CE laws and therefore is practically unuseable. I mean no one seriousely believes that the CE on the Inpsire RC is more then just 2 letters thats why everyone buys a DJI and no one a Yuneec though all vendors warned me of DJI support and repair times while claiming they have no problems with Yuneec. DJI has still the best products - best for us though they step backwards now with limits and restrictions.

Yuneec H920
  • Video link Frequency Band 5.8GHz
  • Video Transmission Distance/Range (Optimum Conditions)
    FCC Compliance: Up to 600m (1968.5 ft) CE Compliance: Up to 300m (984.252 ft)

Have fun with 300m range in EU or in other countries or if you can trick it 600m.
Can we get back on topic please as this thread is regarding the bitrate of the X5 and not how far something will fly.
For your information the distance an R/C aircraft can be flown has nothing to do with meters quoted in it's spec- it is governed by RF propagation and EIRP which is regulated by country but is usually 100mW/20dbm for R/C. For 2.4ghz using FHSS, maintaining line of sight and using a simple dipole this will easily exceed 1.2km (assuming low noise floor/chatter).

Could we please now get back to talking about the virtues (or lack thereof) of 60mbps bitrate for the X5?

For your information the distance an R/C aircraft can be flown has nothing to do with meters quoted in it's spec-

I didnt say anything like this. Its about "Video range in optimum conditions" and meters quoted are "up to "

But as you are right the Inspire vs H920 discussion is off topic in this thread - again sorry for answering something someone asked - could you please move these few posting to a new thread?

Exactly 100mbps is 12,5 MB/s but some of the lexar cards will just write at 10 MB/s some will luckily work with 20 MB/s thats production fluctuation U1 guarantees 10 MB/s not more.

The 10-20 MB/s are not my personal opinion it was the offical answer from Lexar when I pointed to the fact that they HIDE any information of write speed for these cards on their site. I got curious as some vendors listed a write of 10 MB/s in the specs.
OK. The Lexar 633x card clearly is not the best card out there and I will give you that. There is a review on Amazon listed under Lexar 1000x microsd card that lists performance of all microSD cards and the Lexar 633x did not look too good in that list.

I didnt say anything like this. Its about "Video range in optimum conditions" and meters quoted are "up to "

But as you are right the Inspire vs H920 discussion is off topic in this thread - again sorry for answering something someone asked - could you please move these few posting to a new thread?

Apologies - Too many posts to go through and not enough hours in the day! I read it incorrectly and thought you were talking regarding control range.

Hopefully DJI will get the message and implement a higher bit rate. I am intrigued by the Tornado, and my friend Ian who has one loves it. I would prefer to stick with DJI, but if they don't deliver here, I can switch.

This is exactly what happened with Canon DSLR video. They basically created the market, then settled for mediocre quality while everybody else zoomed past them. I now own three Sony mirrorless camers, and use them exclusively for video. I still own my 5D Mark III, but I only use it for stills.

Eric Cheng, I hope you are listening.
I absolutely agree on every word: if they do not listen to the customer, the customer will move.

Reactions: howard rockliffe
I predicted elsewhere on the forum, probably like many others, that a 'new kid on the block' will arrive over night and take the market from under their feet.

Reactions: Rainbowers
60/mbs is fine for the guy that does this as a hobby and is happy with the footage as is.

60/mbs is not fine for professional work or people that want to grade the footage afterwards. There is very little room for pushing the image and the compression blocking gets very bad.

$2300 for a camera that looks mildly better than the X3 is not worth it IMO.

Not possible. The pipeline is already maxed out and the processing is just not up to it on the X5

This is one of two different reasons that I've seen repeated as to why the Osmo Pro and Inspire 1 use 60Mbps and as far as I can tell both reasons are wrong. The X5 uses the Ambarella A9 cpu which, according to their (Ambarellas) spec sheet (available https://www.ambarella.com/uploads/docs/A9-product-brief.pdf) is capable of much better than 60Mbps.

The other reason I've seen trotted out is that the SDCards can't write data faster than 60Mbps - we all know that's not true.

There may be a legitimate technical reason for the 60Mbps limit, but being that nobody is telling us what that reason is, I suspect that it's a marketing decision made by DJI. I just wish they'd say so if it is.

[EDIT] I also wish I could afford an X5R, but we can't always get what we wish for! [/EDIT]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84