Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R Editing with DNG Is premiere there yet against resolve?

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

We have been soldiering on for just under a year now with the x5r and as much as i love it i also find it has floors which im guessing are down the the 4/3's style of system.

One issue i have had a while now is working with the dng files in premiere and the result. I have edited every single file we have ever worked with from Raw format and tried Davinci too initially. I have also read all the threads on here to gain perspective with my limited understanding.

I found resolve to play the footage far smoother and deliver the footage smoother too but wanted to know what other people thought of prem as an option? I have read on here that premier does not give you full utilisation of your Raw data and wanted someone more experienced to me to explain exactly why this is the case? It does seem to grade awfully on prem and does not seem to have the flexibly raw data usually has.

I do alot of footage in 4k and thus have chosen to use premier start for finish for most of our videos with good results running proxies but as much as im been picky i am just never happy with what is delivered and never get it quite as sharp as the h264 files im my opinion.

So on that note i wanted to ask if anyone can explain what is the floor in premiere and if there is any settings im missing that may help. I usually just pull footage in with proxies ready to go and run right through until delivery.

I am seriously considering purchasing resolve at the moment as i feel every single prem video ive every produced with the x5 has always had a slight jump to its flow that resolve never had?

Im sorry if it seems im asking silly questions but Raw data was totally new to myself until we went into business and i am determined to master it. I know our videos are acceptable standard as clients are happy but i most certainly am not with my critical eye.

Thanks
Mick

I'm long time premiere user but from 1-2 years I'm using Davinci Resolve and I'm happy with it. Only problem I have is retiming, Davinci can't make it smooth like Adobe products can (premiere and after effects). Also the wrap stabilisation in AE is unbeatable. But still I'm going with Resolve because it's free, fast and easy to work with and mentioned tools above are needed rarely. But if I need them I'm exporting to AE for smooth retiming and then going back to resolve.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan