Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R and Lenses

Reaction score
Excuse me, but I have a really dumb question. I am looking at purchasing an Inspire 1 with a X5R camera. Will I need to get a lens also or can I use the camera as is?

Excuse me, but I have a really dumb question. I am looking at purchasing an Inspire 1 with a X5R camera. Will I need to get a lens also or can I use the camera as is?

You'll need to buy a lens with it too, I might be selling my X5R and olympus 12mm with it (best one) let me know if interested (and from the UK).
There's still nothing on the inspire series that beats it apart from the top end inspire 2 package, and even then, its not huge.

Last edited:
You'll need to buy a lens with it too, I might be selling my X5R and olympus 12mm with it (best one) let me know if interested (and from the UK).
There's still nothing on the inspire series that beats it apart from the top end inspire 2 package, and even then, its not huge.

I just picked up an Osmo Raw and am narrowing in on a used inspire 1 v2.0 to get the X5R in the air. Those videos are the ones that helped convince me to go inspire 1 raw. I wanted to go inspire 2, but I could not afford the kit in the end when it all added up with licenses, harddrives, cams, ect. Inspire 1 raw is a much better deal currently.

Reactions: Bigdz
I just picked up an Osmo Raw and am narrowing in on a used inspire 1 v2.0 to get the X5R in the air. Those videos are the ones that helped convince me to go inspire 1 raw. I wanted to go inspire 2, but I could not afford the kit in the end when it all added up with licenses, hard drives, cams, ect. Inspire 1 raw is a much better deal currently.

Yeah I'm keeping my raw too, those videos prove with the right person behind the camera you can get great visuals and its quite reliable too and as you say, you're in charge with everything. I.E. no license, its all yours.

I don't think I'll be upgrading until something notably better comes along. I need to see a real gain.

Honestly the oly 12mm is that much better than the dji/panasonic 15mm 1.7?
I would say this; can you go out and get some great shots with the stock lens? Yes; is the Olympus 12mm noticeably better? Absolutely. I also take a very "Casey Neistat" view of things, shoot with what you have. It's not about the camera, lens, etc; skilled craftsmen find a way.

Reactions: madgadget
Yeah I'm keeping my raw too, those videos prove with the right person behind the camera you can get great visuals and its quite reliable too and as you say, you're in charge with everything. I.E. no license, its all yours.

I don't think I'll be upgrading until something notably better comes along. I need to see a real gain.

im going to try to hold out and run the inspire 1 raw for at least two years then look at whats out. it'll be rough, im a tech head who loves the latest and greatest, so passing on an I2 was hard. figured id get the next mavic to cover the tech need.

I would say this; can you go out and get some great shots with the stock lens? Yes; is the Olympus 12mm noticeably better? Absolutely. I also take a very "Casey Neistat" view of things, shoot with what you have. It's not about the camera, lens, etc; skilled craftsmen find a way.

Point taken.

I will make the most of what I've got.

Hello, I have good experiences with the Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm as well.

Drop me a pm if you are still looking as we are UK based and wrapping up. We have a I1 Raw with 5 batts and the osmo etc to sell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop