Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5S Gimbal shaking loose, and very noisy

Reaction score
Website
www.skyproimages.com
Today my gimbal upon powering up the I2 started to vibrate and make a very loud screeching sound. I powered it down and had a look and noticed the gimbal as separating just below the mount.

The drone has always been pampered and has never crashed.25494

Has this happened to anyone else?

Today my gimbal upon powering up the I2 started to vibrate and make a very loud screeching sound. I powered it down and had a look and noticed the gimbal as separating just below the mount.

The drone has always been pampered and has never crashed.View attachment 25494

Has this happened to anyone else?

I have an Inspire 1 and P4P with similar gimbal geometry and have never seen this. That said, I'm going to guess that a screw or 2 has worked its way loose. I've worked on gimbals before (not DJI), and once you remove the contacts board, the screws should be right there in plain sight.

If the bird is still under warranty, make sure you get permission to "work on it" before you do. Touching the wrong things could void the warranty. Good luck!

D

Reactions: slim.slamma
I have an Inspire 1 and P4P with similar gimbal geometry and have never seen this. That said, I'm going to guess that a screw or 2 has worked its way loose. I've worked on gimbals before (not DJI), and once you remove the contacts board, the screws should be right there in plain sight.

If the bird is still under warranty, make sure you get permission to "work on it" before you do. Touching the wrong things could void the warranty. Good luck!

D
Thank for for this - I may give it a try depending on what DJI says they can do to help.

Reactions: slim.slamma

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters