Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Zenmuse XT and Osmo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Burlingtonfilms, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Burlingtonfilms

Does anyone know if the Zenmuse XT cameras and the Osmo will work together? I know they have the same contacts and I'm assuming they will work, but I cannot find any info or videos of them being used together.

2. Farnk666

No they don't work and DJI doesn't intend to make them work. (or so they told me last time I asked)
    Such a silly idea and missed opportunity.

Oh well.

3. Burlingtonfilms

Weird. They have the same contacts.

4. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, but not enabled in the firmware.

5. Farnk666

It is probably a licensing issue with FLIR, come to think of it.
    Still a missed opportunity

6. Burlingtonfilms

So the only option for XT handheld right now is to carry the Inspire around?

7. TomNJ

I have a nice, hardly used Fluke TiR32 if you're interested.

8. giumick

Holy thread resurrection....

Is this still the case then to date? Did they keep the xt locked from the osmo? It would work wonders if it was usable on the ground and the Dji replies ive seen to previous requests were from poorly informed staff who clearly know nowt about thermography so im hoping it changed?

Advexure likes this.
  9. Advexure

Approved Vendor

Diggin in the archives are ya? Yes, unfortunately it is still the case today that the XT is not compatible with the Osmo. What kind of application are you looking for ground use with the XT?

10. giumick

Im a toolmaker/ engineer by trade. I would of liked to be able to use the camera for ground based monitoring of electrical components....motors etc. I used to be responsible for monitoring plant machinery/ systems previously and it would of been ideal to be able to incorporate that into our workload.

I wouldnt be supirsed if Flir are the culprits behind this. They act like petty children when it comes to using their tech and try and maintain a strangle hold like Dji on this sector.

#10 giumick, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Advexure likes this.
  11. Advexure

Approved Vendor

Right on. Not sure who is the culprit on this one but I believe it is solely software preventing them from being compatible. All mounting hardware is identical so I'm not sure of the reason that is disallowing XT compatibility with the Osmo.

12. giumick

We were dealing Flir reps over here in the UK earlier in the year and i gave up on there externally mounted units in the end as their knowledge of the products capabilities was awful and when i offered to present information on the cameras in a format people would understand and find easier they turned their nose up unless i was paying full wack for the camera.

Idiots i say as their reps are useless and loosing them sales. I would not of had a clue where to start when looking at the specs without my prior knowledge. There advertising radiometric capable cameras with sales pitches focused around jobs low level cams are more cost effective to use.