Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zoom function

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm new and I have been trying to find thread or video on how to get a Z3 camera to zoom in and out on the rc screen.

Hey everyone. I'm new and I have been trying to find thread or video on how to get a Z3 camera to zoom in and out on the rc screen.
Hello, welcome.

You can zoom the Z3 while keeping the button on the right underside of the remote pressed, while turning the left wheel.

Alternatively you can tap the T (and keep it pressed) on the screen, it's on the right side of the center. Press W to zoom out.

I understand the difference in the camera sensors but how does the end photo quality of the Z3 comwpair to the z5 with a 14_45mm lens? Used for building survey work.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Reactions: StanJ
Thanks for the response. I do not have the T and W button on screen.
Updates showing now are below.
App. 3.0.0
Aircraft 1.9.1.30+
Remote 1.7.60
Camera 1.8.1

I understand the difference in the camera sensors but how does the end photo quality of the Z3 comwpair to the z5 with a 14_45mm lens? Used for building survey work.

What's a Z5? If you mean an X5 I don't know, don't have one. For roof inspections the Z3 is great.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Ok I have the app updated to 3.1.0 and I downloaded bin file for camera from website. Tried 4 times and aircraft didn't respond to update at all. I have a pro 3 and Phantom 4 and have never had any problems downloading firmware on those. I formatted card in while in aircrafted and then grabbed camera firmware from website, downloaded on sd. Bin only, then in aircraft.

Ok I have the app updated to 3.1.0 and I downloaded bin file for camera from website. Tried 4 times and aircraft didn't respond to update at all. I have a pro 3 and Phantom 4 and have never had any problems downloading firmware on those. I formatted card in while in aircrafted and then grabbed camera firmware from website, downloaded on sd. Bin only, then in aircraft.

And the aircraft is definitely on 1.9.1.30? The update beeps are very quiet I found with the camera update. I did complete aircraft firmware update first as I was on 1.8, then rebooted, then did the camera update.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Yes sir, when I go to general settings and click on about it shows it as 1.9.1.30. I will try again.

Iam thinking to buy zenmuse z3 I have a client that requested me for a inspection on some pylars Iam gona take photos from a safe distance ;)

Last edited:
I'm a dumbass. I guess I answered my own problem. I'm assuming the X3 doesn't zoom?
The X3 can zoom 2x digitally, and lossless, but only in resolutions lower than 4K. Just make a pinch movement on the screen to zoom in and out, like you would do to zoom in on a web page or photo.

What's a Z5? If you mean an X5 I don't know, don't have one. For roof inspections the Z3 is great.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified
Sorry x5! Nearly twice the cost and much heavier but is the higher image quality worth it over the Z3 for inspection work?

For something like roof inspections, the X3 is fine, but the X5 with Oly 14-42mm is badass!

I tried out the X3 first from a friend and it was...ok, but this X5 & Oly combo blows the X3 away in all aspects except weight!

For something like roof inspections, the X3 is fine, but the X5 with Oly 14-42mm is badass!

I tried out the X3 first from a friend and it was...ok, but this X5 & Oly combo blows the X3 away in all aspects except weight!
You mean Z3 I presume.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineL