Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA ”Custom airspace” on AIRMAP?

Reaction score
Hello all,
I’m curious if anyone has come across “custom airspace” and was allowed to fly in it? Example in the southern Nevada in SEARCHLIGHT South West along the 95 their is a “custom airspace” in orange. Here In these photos are the examples:
292a1334a0e7482f5e5c4694cd5a7ebf.jpg
f88741f52f180a8b80bfe9b3ba30d67e.jpg

So what I’m asking is if flying a sUAS is allowed since this area is wide open and a great location to fly around in? Yes their is an airport close by, to the East, and parachutes around the airport but far enough away to safely fly further south/west of airport on the west of the 95.
Also if anyone would knows how they got custom control over this airspace being that it once was NOT a “custom” airspace prior to me seeing this on airmap?

Hope I posted this In the correct forum, apologies if I did not. If not please direct me to a location this post would be correctly placed. Thank you all

You should get rid of AirMap. Not only do they provide inaccurate maps, they are also against having amateur and commercial small drone operators flying above 200ft.

If you want to check airspace and any special restrictions, etc., you should reference skyvector.com or Foreflight or any other provider that shows actual airspace.

Thank you for your advise and I will look into foreflight. Another note I do use skyvector, and I have noticed some inconsistencies with airmap and also did not know they were against flying over 200ft... I’ll do some research on that because if that is so they have their app on ALLOT of peoples devices that should know what their supporting is against them..
I’m not In support of people who go against what 107 pilots stand for. But thank you for your input ianwood.

Get an FAA Sectional Chart & learn how to read it.
There’s no such as a “Custom Airspace “.

I get what you're saying but at the same time, there is one by my house I would not want to mess around in or even be near.
AirMap Web App

If you look up the company FortemTech you will find they specialize in making drones and counter measures to take down drones.

I get all that , but what if they have a contract with the FEDs/Military and this custom area is their test area. It's not listed in sectional maps the only thing I've seen list it is AirMap. All I know is it's the last place I would want to fly one of my drones and it be a day they are testing.

I get all that , but what if they have a contract with the FEDs/Military and this custom area is their test area. It's not listed in sectional maps the only thing I've seen list it is AirMap. All I know is it's the last place I would want to fly one of my drones and it be a day they are testing.

There are no FAA UAS test sites in Utah
1551587015742.png
UAS Test Sites

FortemTech address is
2015 W Grove Pkwy Suite H
2015 W Grove Pkwy, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062 but I suppose they can do their testing somewhere else but it better be published, not just for UAS but manned aviation. Are you flying near the Nevada UAS Test site?

1551587056563.png

If is not shown on Skyvector I don't see how it can be authorized. Disrupting a drone midflight is a criminal offense.

Last edited:
No, Nevada sites like the one you posted above are close to 6 hours away. I don't have any NOTAMS directly in my area. If you go to AirMap with the link I posted above and click on the advisory it says it's FortemTechs test area. I don't think they are testing anything that actually takes down drones in this area. They do how ever use drones as part of their system. So one would think this area is for them to be able to test payloads on their equipment and what not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74