Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1.2.1.0 up on DJI download page

Here is your fix

DJI Phantom Lipo Balance Charger Repair FAST & EASY FIX!!!
Did you buy your new props or did DJI send them to you? If they did, was there any sort of tracking info sent beforehand or did they just arrive? Now that I've had over 10 flights without any compass errors and also zero camera issues I'm gonna take her out to sea and have a go. :) Fingers crossed, but I'm expecting smooth sailing ;-)

After the latest supposedly successful upgrade (according to the txt files) to 2 controllers, batteries and the Inspire 1 I get a red led (IMU ERROR) within about 1 minute and sometimes right away.
As well as an MC Data Error message, and an Accelerometer Failed message.
Spent over 2 hours chatting with DJI support.
Had me connect the craft to the computer via the usb port by the back led light.
Then entered Flight Data Mode and deleted the .DAT files.
Didn't work and was never resolved. Still have the MC Data Error message and the Accelerometer Failed message. Also, there is no longer any camera output to my Galaxy Tab 4 and DJI support says that the Tab 4 is not on their list of supported devices. Really? Since when?? Been working fine untill now. Will have to contact LA support. Nice. I have flown my plane once now have a $5k brick.

Last edited:
Sorry for you troubles. But your use of a TAB 4 certainly had nothing to do with your MC or IMU errors. It sounds like it is time for your dealer to swap it out for a different one.

After the latest supposedly successful upgrade (according to the txt files) to 2 controllers, batteries and the Inspire 1 I get a red led (IMU ERROR) within about 1 minute and sometimes right away.
Had me connect the craft to the computer via the usb port by the back led light.
Didn't work and was never resolved. Still have the MC Data Error message and the Accelerometer Failed message. Also, there is no longer any camera output to my Galaxy Tab 4 and DJI support says that the Tab 4 is not on their list of supported devices. Really? Since when?? Been working fine untill now. Will have to contact LA support. Nice. I have flown my plane once now have a $5k brick.

Finally got around to updating the I1, 2 tx and 6 batteries, no real problem.

So a nice long flight time today draining all 6 batteries, some batteries reporting this "this a full charge......etc" that others are reporting initially but after a discharge/recharge all battery error messages have now gone. All flights were excellent with no GPS drop-out or any other flight problems noted.

2 things I did pick up on was the landing gear being raised immediately after take-off, normally I'd leave my down and hover for about 30secs and secondly an IMU calibration was needed before the 3rd flight and not again. I was pleased to see that inspite of flying and draining all 6 batteries down to below 5%, the TX battery still had about 25/30% life left.

So very pleased, many thanks to all the beta testers and of course the good people on this forum.

I've also been playing with the gains, previously ATTI on 90, after changing in steps of 5 found that my new preferred setting is 75 on both ATTI and GYRO, expos at 30. Just my thoughts.

Are the new quick release props with the white safety strips still available? I have not been able to find/order them on any sites.
If you know where, could you please provide a link.
Anyone have any video of the white/yellow stripped propellers in action - I bet they look great!

I had an issue with a TB47 saying it needed to be discharged and recharged...I did this twice and then the message/warning went away. I flew this morning and got a message that the craft was behind me and to fly with caution...got this message twice. The craft was not behind me...I did calibrate the compass...this concerns me. I installed new firmware on everything without an issues.

Updated everything here, Inspire 1, two RC's and all TB47 and 3 TB48's, Flew two hours and the Inspire 1 is now looking good.

Tried the RC RTH feature, it worked but the GPS in the RC is weak and not always seeing the Satellites and it paints a RED dot via the IOS application most of the time. When its BLUE, I did try the RC RTH and it worked within a 10 Meter radius. Later this week i will see if I can move much farther from the Inspire 1 RTH point using the RC RTH and see how close it comes to the point the RC is located.

As this time, I don't think i will be using this feature but it would be nice to see it really working.

Now I'd like to have the Ground Station and were are all set.

Best regards,
Steve

Are the new quick release props with the white safety strips still available? I have not been able to find/order them on any sites.
If you know where, could you please provide a link.
Anyone have any video of the white/yellow stripped propellers in action - I bet they look great!

Wouldn't say Great but just cosmetic lol[emoji6]

I am having the same problem after a successful upgrade. Same messages and when I switch to yaw control the camera yaws and rolls at the same time ( not a usefull camera control mode obviously) my DJI support chat was a waste of time the support worker seems to know even less than me. Have you had any luck yet?

I am having the same problem after a successful upgrade. Same messages and when I switch to yaw control the camera yaws and rolls at the same time ( not a usefull camera control mode obviously) my DJI support chat was a waste of time the support worker seems to know even less than me. Have you had any luck yet?
No. Support in California couldn't help either so I was asked to send the plane to them. Problem was I'm supposed to pay $150 to send it to them. It's a brand new plane I haven't even flown yet and I'm spending $150 to send it back. What I really wanted to do is ship it back to where I bought it for a full refund. Going to be 4 to 6 weeks before I could get it back now. At least the store I got it from is giving me a free spare battery to offset the cost.

What will happen if you do not update a spare battery and fly the inspire one when the battery should have been updated? Will it tell you in the app before flying? Will it Calibrate or stop and tell you before flying? What if you do not have the bin file on the sd card when you use a new battery? It will not update or tell you so your last line of defence would be the app to tell you then. Can anyone confirm this and what if you don't update the battery when it should have been what could happen?

Hi Shame, It's my opinion based on my experience with DJI and their releases on the my several phantoms that I have been flying and own since 2012, don't disregard every component, "RC, Battery and so on" that's associated with the Inspire 1 firmware updates sent out by DJI. In the past, DJI is getting better documenting why to upgrade and some time, they don't tell you about all the changes and being a design engineer, I can understand some if this because they could be writing a book on changes and sometimes this exposes the dirty laundry to their competition.

So i would suggest that you just upgrade everything at once and fly the inspire 1 and observe it's behavior and performance so when the next DJI firmware release is posted and as you upgrade to it, you are in sync and then you have several data points. One thing for sure, always review the release notes even knowing that some information may not be documented but keep upgrading to cover your self encase something go's wrong so DJI can be involved for warranty service reasons or maybe legal reasons if need be.

C.Y.A.!

Hope this helps a bit.
Best regards,
Steve

I had 1 battery that didn't take the first go around and I got a battery warning (in the field). After a few power offs I noticed the quite beeps going on so I powered down the master RC and my bird up dated the batt without a problem. I let it go for 10 minutes (spectators) but I'm sure it only took the average 2 minutes. I think that's why they recommend leaving the .bin file in the root. I believe it even had the last log report from the mornings final update. I didn't have this issue with .3 FW install, as everything took first go around.

No offense, but neither one of you answered the question IMO.
If I understood this right, and I have the same question, how do you update a spare battery.
I just ordered a fourth battery that will arrive in a few days. My system is up-to-date with all firmware upgrades.
When the battery arrives, do I need to upgrade it and how?
Updating everything at once is obviously not an option. I have also read that you DO NOT leave the bin file on the SD card.
So what is the proper procedure to update just a new battery? Can you just turn only the bird on, insert the new battery and it will update itself? Do you put the bin file with the most recent firmware update and put into the bird and then insert the new battery? Will the bird also try to upgrade again - what are the ramifications?
Hope this makes sense.

No offense, but neither one of you answered the question IMO.
If I understood this right, and I have the same question, how do you update a spare battery.
I just ordered a fourth battery that will arrive in a few days. My system is up-to-date with all firmware upgrades.
When the battery arrives, do I need to upgrade it and how?
Updating everything at once is obviously not an option. I have also read that you DO NOT leave the bin file on the SD card.
So what is the proper procedure to update just a new battery? Can you just turn only the bird on, insert the new battery and it will update itself? Do you put the bin file with the most recent firmware update and put into the bird and then insert the new battery? Will the bird also try to upgrade again - what are the ramifications?
Hope this makes sense.
Yes just turn it on, listen to the beeps. Always have the RC off when updating the bird and or battery. I know whatever battery is in when your inspire updates gets updated as well during the process. So pop in the new batts and turn her on and listen to the beeps, that's it.

Yes just turn it on, listen to the beeps. Always have the RC off when updating the bird and or battery. I know whatever battery is in when your inspire updates gets updated as well during the process. So pop in the new batts and turn her on and listen to the beeps, that's it.
That's what I thought would/should happen.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Have a great weekend:)

Reactions: Eric

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc