Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1.2.1.0 up on DJI download page

How do you update subsequent batteries (extra) - do you have to erase the text file each time? Will it make the inspire go through another update process is the file is not there?

I realise if you update the batteries during the initial update process you leave the SD card in and insert additional batteries. However I have 8 batteries and I updated only 2 as I am not using others. How do I update the others later?

Last edited:
Reactions: lrwskyfilms
How do you update subsequent batteries (extra) - do you have to erase the text file each time? Will it make the inspire go through another update process is the file is not there?

I realise if you update the batteries during the initial update process you leave the SD card in and insert additional batteries. However I have 8 batteries and I updated only 2 as I am not using others. How do I update the others later?

I'm assuming power down the bird leaving the sd card, with the txt file it generated,in the camera. Swap batteries and switch on. It will go through the update process and update the battery. It will do its normal rapid beep followed by D-DD sound and the lights on the battery will return to normal. Turn it of and repeat for each battery. For me each battery took approx 3 mins

I'm guessing if it sees anything on the system that requires the update then these will be done at that point. Hope this helps

Last edited:
I think you are right. I have deleted the txt file as I didnt want to update the inspire again. However I am worried that if I put the card in with the .bin file it will force the Inspire to update again. Then again it might say aborted as I found out in my controller when I thought it fialed

To update the batteries follow the video posted on page 1 of this thread. Remember to not power up the RC whilst updating the batteries. The I1 will not update again so don't worry. If you check the .txt file after the battery FW update process it'll say Result: Abort. - in reference to the aircraft already having the latest FW.

Last edited:
I think you are right. I have deleted the txt file as I didnt want to update the inspire again. However I am worried that if I put the card in with the .bin file it will force the Inspire to update again. Then again it might say aborted as I found out in my controller when I thought it fialed

I don't think it will. I think it will take slightly longer while it checks the firmware on everything but then will create a new txt file first time you try it again with a new battery it looks like it overwrites this txt whenever you upgrade another battery. If it sees that the firmware is up to date it writes Abandoned to the txt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just completed updating 2 Inspires, 7 batteries (including the one with the bad cell) and 3 controllers.
Took 13 minutes for 1 Inspire and 10 1/2 minutes for the other Inspire.
About 1 1/2 min for each controller and 1 min for each battery.
After each upgrade I removed the sd card, checked the text file then deleted it before the next item was upgraded.
In the end I did not have to re-link my controllers , both masters and slave continued to work as previously linked.
All gains on the controllers were reset to a default value.
After the upgrade I had to calibrate each compass.
The only issue I had was one of the controllers would not link initially, I then tried to reset the link with no luck. After that I put in the .bin file back on the sd card in the camera and it did the upgrading sound for about 2-3 minutes and then stopped. I turned on the controller then and it linked!
I have tested out the simulator and it seems fine...now heading out to a wide open place to test!

Cheers

Last edited:
Mines gone fine too, two remotes and three batteries. Batteries took about 3 mins to upgrade and I deleted text file after each battery upgrade, but I'm getting a SD card initializing message on the screen. Anybody any ideas what that is ?

Last edited:
Doing update now and have a quick question I am hoping you guys can help with. I have read on these pages that once you pull a battery out of the I1 that you have to recharge to 100% to allow the cells to balance. Does this include after a quick firmware update? Should I do it just to be super safe? By the way. I would like to thank all of the contributers here for the wealth of knowledge. I have been a long time P2 pilot but only have about 12 min of I1 time under my belt. You guys/gals have been my guides and I thank you all. Paz y Pura Vida

Doing update now and have a quick question I am hoping you guys can help with. I have read on these pages that once you pull a battery out of the I1 that you have to recharge to 100% to allow the cells to balance. Does this include after a quick firmware update? Should I do it just to be super safe? By the way. I would like to thank all of the contributers here for the wealth of knowledge. I have been a long time P2 pilot but only have about 12 min of I1 time under my belt. You guys/gals have been my guides and I thank you all. Paz y Pura Vida
ALWAYS charge you batteries to 100% prior to flying. Never take off with no less than 100%.

I'm in trouble! I've done the Firmware updates on the aircraft, 2xcontrollers and (I think) one spare battery. But I now have no camera signal to either controller. I was able to calibrate the compass etc, and the text files said it was a success, but there is no camera picture on either iPad, and there is a warning signal in the top right hand corner saying "SD card initializing" and it does this with all 3 cards I have. I've removed the firmware update file , but it was only on one of the cards anyway. I cannot format the SD card either - it just says "SD card format timeout" after about 2 seconds . I've shut everything down and tried everything I can think of, even trying to reload the firmware update and doing it again, but the SD card thing seems to be preventing that from happening. Does anyone have any ideas as th what might be happening??

I'm in trouble! I've done the Firmware updates on the aircraft, 2xcontrollers and (I think) one spare battery. But I now have no camera signal to either controller. I was able to calibrate the compass etc, and the text files said it was a success, but there is no camera picture on either iPad, and there is a warning signal in the top right hand corner saying "SD card initializing" and it does this with all 3 cards I have. I've removed the firmware update file , but it was only on one of the cards anyway. I cannot format the SD card either - it just says "SD card format timeout" after about 2 seconds . I've shut everything down and tried everything I can think of, even trying to reload the firmware update and doing it again, but the SD card thing seems to be preventing that from happening. Does anyone have any ideas as th what might be happening??
Format the SD card on your PC. Make sure you format it as FAT32. Report back and let us know if that worked.

I tried that - but didn't make any difference. I have managed to get the "SD card initializing" to go by opening and closing most of the menus on the app, but I have no camera signal to either iPad still, just a blank screen where the camera picture would normally be, and "No signal" in red at the top centre. Camera control from the second controller's sticks works normally, so I'm thinking the contacts to the camera are OK.

Sirnkolas, I read that you can take off without 100% battery as long as you don't pull the battery out of the I1. Example...you flew from 100% to 60%, landed and then changed positions, took off again and flew from 60% - 30% I hear this is safe as long as you don't pull the battery. Please confirm of give me new info! Thanks in advance.
BTW - I tried to charge the batteries after firmware update and they didn't want a charge! Guessing the update didn't drain enough off to make a difference.

Sirnkolas, I read that you can take off without 100% battery as long as you don't pull the battery out of the I1. Example...you flew from 100% to 60%, landed and then changed positions, took off again and flew from 60% - 30% I hear this is safe as long as you don't pull the battery. Please confirm of give me new info! Thanks in advance.
BTW - I tried to charge the batteries after firmware update and they didn't want a charge! Guessing the update didn't drain enough off to make a difference.
Sorry I forgot to add, if your batts have been sitting around for a few days after a short flight, then it's best to charge them to 100%.

Updated the system worked flawlessly. Went out and tested 3 batteries, telemetry data on FPV now in Imperial and metric. No camera twitch and horizon remains locked. Aircraft is now rock solid.

Reactions: CaptainBadge
OK well I seem to be the only one that have had a disaster. Aircraft was working fine - flew it this afternoon, but warnings came up saying I must update firmware. I followed the instructions as per last time, all seemed to work fine (made all the right noises) but now I have no camera signal. All the stuff around the outsides of the iPad, just no signal from the camera. I'm really pissed off!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido