Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA "107 RETEST", "GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN" the FAA

Reaction score
Hello all 107 pilots,
I wanted to share some info with you all that are scheduled to retake their 107 recurrent test.
As of now 12-26-18 ( I received email on the 25th ) you will not be able to take the test due to the recent government shutdown. I received and email due to me scheduling for my re test for the 27th (which expires on the 29th of December) and was told that until the government opens back up I will have to re schedule my test. so until then I wait.

Also was told that their has a been 1,000s of people who have traveled to their closest test facility and were turned away after spending money on the expense of traveling. So if you are scheduled please call the PSI office or your testing facility for further questions and concerns so you don't make the same mistake they have by spending your money on travel expenses for nothing.
If my memory is correct I was also told that if it does expire to NOT fly passed the 31st or 15 days after, I'm assuming just for 107 rules and not hobby.

Side note, happy holidays and safe flying

As of the 30th I was able to re-take my exam. The results I’m sure most are aware will be delayed due to this continued government shutdown... But I was able to get a 90% by getting 4 wrong that when I went back to review my test questions I changed, go figure haha, one of these one days I’ll learn to not second guess myself haha.

Good luck to any who are about to retake their exam.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg