Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

15 Aerials, what would YOU charge?

Reaction score
Just got an email blast from a local company thats offering 15 still for $125. (South Florida market)
This sounds incredibly low & only hurts the industry. There is so much involved, driving time, gas, the constant risk against bad luck/gravity that could end up costing thousands.. Anyways, what would you charge for 15 picture perfect aerials?

Attachments

• discount aerials.jpg
    discount aerials.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
Just got an email blast from a local company thats offering 15 still for $125. (South Florida market)
This sounds incredibly low & only hurts the industry. There is so much involved, driving time, gas, the constant risk against bad luck/gravity that could end up costing thousands.. Anyways, what would you charge for 15 picture perfect aerials?
I agree in general but, would say if it's just a single location and only stills, I could get that done in less than 10 minutes and would just supply the raw files to the client. No editing or post production. They would supply a USB drive. If they want more then it's a whole different ballgame...

Reactions: SkySav
To me, the industry is evolving into an offshoot of the photography industry. You can tell the operators who have skill vs. the ones who do not. There are hundreds of people with a 60D billing themselves as 'photographers', just like there are many with a Phantom 2 and GoPro billing themselves as 'drone operators'. Ultimately it will come down to what the client is willing to pay for the level of quality they expect.
If that dude can take the bird up, snap 15 quick shots and hand them right over, hey all the power to him to charge $125. I personally would charge a half-shoot day (our minimum rate), and they would get 50 or so quality images.

To me, the industry is evolving into an offshoot of the photography industry. You can tell the operators who have skill vs. the ones who do not. There are hundreds of people with a 60D billing themselves as 'photographers', just like there are many with a Phantom 2 and GoPro billing themselves as 'drone operators'. Ultimately it will come down to what the client is willing to pay for the level of quality they expect.
If that dude can take the bird up, snap 15 quick shots and hand them right over, hey all the power to him to charge $125. I personally would charge a half-shoot day (our minimum rate), and they would get 50 or so quality images.
I agree in principle but someone who gets themselves a 60D from BestBuy and calls themself a photographer doesn't operate in the arena where fatal accidents can occur or need to carry compulsory TPL insurance in case there is a problem.
Quality is one thing but unlicenced operators can always undercut the legal operators out there because they have nowhere near the expenses a proper commercial UAV outfit has.
Unless of course,............it's certified operators that are doing it for these rock bottom prices in which case, I have no idea how they can do it so low.

I agree in principle but someone who gets themselves a 60D from BestBuy and calls themself a photographer doesn't operate in the arena where fatal accidents can occur or need to carry compulsory TPL insurance in case there is a problem.
Quality is one thing but unlicenced operators can always undercut the legal operators out there because they have nowhere near the expenses a proper commercial UAV outfit has.
Unless of course,............it's certified operators that are doing it for these rock bottom prices in which case, I have no idea how they can do it so low.
Of course, agreed absolutely. Guaranteed that guy doesn't have any certification or 333 exemption. I was simply speaking to the creative aspect of it and less to the legality/risk.

Dont sell your self short. Don't sell yourself as a 'Drone Pilot' who takes pictures or videos but as a Photographer/Videographer that uses your 'Drone' as just another camera in your portfolio. $125 is a whore price. A 10 minute shoot is never a 10 minute shoot, did you plan it, scout it, talk to the client, what about the time to get there, set up, download the stills or video. I dont charge by the stills or the video I charge by the flight, wheels up a minimum of $250 stills. $350 Video. Second Flight is an extra $50 bucks. You can add, editing, burning to DVD up-laoding to the cloud etcetera. Bottom line is that you should be making $500 per job. If your not, your in it for the hobby. I'll be speaking at the Drone Dealer Expo as an Expert in Aerial Photography as a business. From April 11-13 in Orlando. DDE-2016-SpeakerBadge copy.png

I would say get use to it, mainly for when in if the micro drone bill come into play now every one and their brother are going to offer a service for a very low cost. Without any type of guidelines you it going to be a tough business to survive in, especially if it a business of using a drone only.

The whole system is a mess the 333 is not in anyway helpful, when a hobbyist has more availability to fly where they want, with much less rule to abide. The only difference is taking money for the exact same flight, that is crazy.

$50.00 each ... $75 a min for video, $500.00 for 4 min. production

I charge a minimum $1000 for a Job. It takes time to research the location, get prior approvals if needed, pay for a spotter, edit the footage, and not too mention all of the high cost of insurance and business taxes. Don't sell yourself short, it may be easy once you've established yourselves but it took a lot to get there.

Reactions: fei8820 and DennisR
I charge a minimum $1000 for a Job. It takes time to research the location, get prior approvals if needed, pay for a spotter, edit the footage, and not too mention all of the high cost of insurance and business taxes. Don't sell yourself short, it may be easy once you've established yourselves but it took a lot to get there.
Yes...plus the cost of having to replace the drone in the future.

we charge USD 375/ for a days via montly contract... whiles if one time.. it cost USD 1000 for per/day... with inspire 1 of cause...
i found that is really hard to talk to customer you want more shot then pay more...
so the best solutions is i charges for a day works
Shoot n of cause edit according to clients requirement
Video are including and basic editing... no fancy Adobe aftereffect

that is our company price.

we charge USD 375/ for a days via montly contract... whiles if one time.. it cost USD 1000 for per/day... with inspire 1 of cause...
i found that is really hard to talk to customer you want more shot then pay more...
so the best solutions is i charges for a day works
Shoot n of cause edit according to clients requirement
Video are including and basic editing... no fancy Adobe aftereffect

that is our company price.
The normal rate in Australia is $550 an hour. $1600 half day and $3000 full day but no editing. Editing is cheaper. I charge our at $250 an hour for editing. $550 an hour is fine for real estate. One could shoot 2 homes in that time.

Now that is some pretty price... i will put ur price for my considerations at the future... protect our market value. but at my area there is many So call photographer n drone pilot they charges Super cheap properly less than USD 100 ... mostly they fly with DIY kit with SJCAM on it.. starting do do business... as for me they are only make the market value Worst

Yeap nows day

Someone + 60D + 0 Skill => Professional photographer

Now that is some pretty price... i will put ur price for my considerations at the future... protect our market value. but at my area there is many So call photographer n drone pilot they charges Super cheap properly less than USD 100 ... mostly they fly with DIY kit with SJCAM on it.. starting do do business... as for me they are only make the market value Worst
But a drone costs around 10k and the license is around 10k as well. One cant fly here commercially without a license or they would get dobbed in. I would be the first to do it too. I have seen the work $100 people do. They will be the first out of a job. I use my drone mainly for tv commercials and just need a few secs of footage.

I dug out my old dissection kit from a college zoology class. Dusted it off, polished it up, sharpened the scalpel and cleaned off the other instruments.

Now, I'm offering heart surgery for $500 and brain surgery for $1000. Based on the above posts, I should make a killing!

Reactions: The Editor
I dug out my old dissection kit from a college zoology class. Dusted it off, polished it up, sharpened the scalpel and cleaned off the other instruments.

Now, I'm offering heart surgery for $500 and brain surgery for $1000. Based on the above posts, I should make a killing!
You should probably brush up on your skills and watch few you tube videos if you are charging that much. I would also stress that you get paid up front too. No checks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk